BETWEEN PHILADELPHIA'S MAINLINE AREA OR CHERRY HILL NEW JERSEY, WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO LIVE??

Asked by Patricia, UK Mon Nov 5, 2007

We might be relocating to Philadelphia area. We cannot decide between the Cherry Hill, New Jersey area or the Main Line area of Pennsylvania. We have 2 children to consider as well. Any suggestions?

Answers

7
Marcie, Home Seller, Philadelphia, PA
Fri Feb 8, 2008
If you concerned about the schools check out this website---greatschools.net
It help us a lot. Good luck.
John Badalam…, Agent, Wayne, PA
Fri Feb 8, 2008
Hi Patricia:

The Philadelphia Main Line has a very unique and distinct history; the Main Line may be considered one of the country's first Suburban areas as Philadelphians in the nineteenth century where looking for a respite from city life. The convenience of the R-5 train to Philadelphia also is am major benefit. There are homes and estates on the Main Line that would take your breath away. My oldest son graduated from a preparatory boy’s school here, and while I am not a resident of the Main Line, I have to admit that I still get goose bumps every time I enter Lancaster or Montgomery Avenue.
Marcie, Home Seller, Philadelphia, PA
Wed Feb 6, 2008
I lived in Philadelphia for over 20 yrs. I wanted out so bad I moved to SC. What a different life down here. Anyway, when I was searching to move to another area one of my concerns where taxes. Cherry Hill goes up every year. I have friends who live there and feel that they are going to be taxed out. Hope this helps. best of luck. marcie
Linda, , Berwyn, PA
Fri Jan 25, 2008
I have lived on the Main Line for almost 20 years and love the area. We are close enough to have easy access to the city (R-5 train line) and also have great shopping and restaurants nearby. As others mentioned, taxes are relatively low and the schools are some of the best in the state. Home prices are likely to be higher, but it is a desirable area to live and homes have appreciated significantly.
Rachel Levin, , Philadelpphia's Main Line
Thu Jan 24, 2008
Philadelphia's Main Line area hands down. The houses do not have a development feel and the schools are the best. You are also close to Philadelphia's cultural center. So you have the best of both worlds.
Ed And Melis…, Home Buyer, Bala Cynwyd, PA
Thu Jan 24, 2008
We had the same dilemma, we chose Lower Merion and indeed we are very happy! Our realtor is the top realtor in Lower Merion, she has been in the business over 30 years and knows all the sellers her wbe site is http://www.RachelLevin.com or her cell is 610-348-0005
Web Reference:  http://www.rachellevin.com
Danni DeWoody, , Drexel Hill, PA
Thu Nov 8, 2007
MAIN LINE definitely. You get much lower property taxes than you pay in NJ yet you are in a beautiful area of PA - many versatile neighborhoods to choose from - lots of new construction available towards Chester County area. You pay for the beauty in the market prices of the homes there but no more than you would in the nicer areas of NJ - and LOWER TAXES!
Web Reference:  http://www.dannidewoody.com