General Area in Walnut Creek>Question Details

Cathy, Home Buyer in Walnut Creek, CA

Are there any bad neighborhoods in Walnut Creek, CA?

Asked by Cathy, Walnut Creek, CA Sun Oct 23, 2011

Answers

8
Cathy,
I would suggest you employ a knowlegable realtor and find out about Walnut Creek one house and neighborhood at a time. Each property and neighborhood is unique. Overall Walnut Creek has a lot to offer families and individuals.
Good luck to you,
Suzanne Looker
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 24, 2011
The downtown WC area with lots of apartments has a high percentage of Spanish speaking people. This area appears to be lower income. But I would not call it "bad". I feel comfortable parking my car in that area and do not fear it being broken in to or having the hubcaps stolen (I cannot say the same thing about Pittsburg, West Pittsburg, or parts of Concord). There is something magical about Walnut Creek. No matter who you are, there is a level of respect that people abide by. I have never seen graffitti in Walnut Creek. That tells you something.
I would recommend you talk to Walnut Creek police department. Also, talk to neighbors/owners in areas you are considering. Having sold and owned in Walnut Creek for over 30 years my experience is that it is reasonably safe. The closer you live to BART that becomes more of an issue. BART is public transit and public transit means that there are those traveling and moving through areas that are not necessarily residents of the local area. Buyer should do their own diligence if this is a hot button issue for them. Good luck in your search.
I personally believe Walnut Creek is a very safe and wonderful community. I live here and wake up loving it more everyday...

MADDOX REAL ESTATE
(888) 635-9565
Dear Cathy ~ I agree with Wendy's comment. Realtors cannot 'steer' their buyers. I have lived in the area my entire life and wonder what do you mean by 'bad?' A better question would be what is important to you? Traffic, Commute Time, School Test Scores, Ability to Walk to Services/Shops, Establisehd vs. Newer, Proximity to Public Transportation-BART/Bus lines? I would be pleased to offer add'l information should you need someone who really knows, lives, works, plays, raising kids and probably retiring in the City of Walnut Creek!
Hi Cathy,

Due to federal Fair Housing laws, Realtors aren't allowed to issue opinions that "steer" a buyer to or from any market areas or neighborhoods. Buyers are allowed to determine for themselves which areas / neighborhoods are suitable and inform the Realtor of the areas they wish to consider, or not.

If you visit http://www.crimereports.com, you can type in an address and city and view the recent crime activity.
Web Reference: http://www.crimereports.com
Hi Cathy,
All communities have pockets that are better than others and conversely worse than others. I have lived in Walnut Creek for 10 years and by and large our community remains a dynamic, safe, fun place to live. I can show you areas that continue to exceed my clients expectations. Thank you for your question!
Police department can help you with crime statistics.

WC in general is a great place to live with several different sections.

Downtown seems bustling on weekends.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 23, 2011