Are there any areas in Southern California in which termites are not a problem?

Asked by Orion2, Highland Park, IL Thu Sep 20, 2012

Answers

2
Natalie Alch…, Agent, Studio City, CA
Thu Sep 20, 2012
Sorry, termites are a problem in Southern California. That is why lenders require a termite clearance before lending. However, that should not deter you from buying here. If you are concerned about the expense, you may want to consider a condo. Some condos HOA's pay for termite spraying for the outside of the building.
No, I have liver damage and am extremely sensitive to pesticides. Heat can be used to kill them, of course, but I was wondering if there were any areas where they either wouldn't be much of a problem or there wouldn't be much pesticide drift. I haven't ever seen tenting in the Phoenix area. Although I want cooler temps, I'd consider moving to an area with a lot of space around me so as not to get it from the neighbors if there's a lot of spraying. They're not really a problem in my area, and it likely would be a cash deal.
Flag Thu Sep 20, 2012
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Thu Sep 20, 2012
The insect will inherit the earth.
Termites are just Ants who like to eat wood.
They like warm climates.
They migrate and expand their territory.
They will always be a problem; Buy a Termite Company!