General Area in Alturas>Question Details

Teri Jones, Home Buyer in Fallon, NV

Are there annual Home Owner Association Dues and CC&R'S for both Cedar Pass Summerland and Modoc Recreational?

Asked by Teri Jones, Fallon, NV Sun Apr 27, 2008

Estates? If so, could you please explain them. We have looked at property at both developements and wonder what would be a more wise investment. We are looking for retirement in a few years down the road. I know there are pro's & con's to both CPS and MRE. Thank you.

Help the community by answering this question:


Hello Alan,
A couple of corrections to your comment on Modoc Recreational Estates. Dues for 2008 were $30 per parcel for the year. That fee includes road and park maintenance. Also, taxes are at 1% for assessed value plus approximately $100 per parcel for things like library assessment and transfer station (dump) assessment.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 8, 2009
I belong to Modoc recreational estates and have two parcels for sale. Both of the parcels have lake frontage on Sons of Pioneer lake. Yes there are CC&Rs. Some of them can't put an old mobile home on your land. in addition to the your regular property tax there is a $20 per parcel yearly fee. The money takes care of roads, signs, the park which is right next to my property. The park has trees, pinic tables, bathrooms, trash cans, lake frontage and BBQs. This property isn't too far from town. Please send me an email and I'll tell you all about the CC&Rs. Alan email (
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 8, 2009
Hello Teri,
Modoc Recreational Estates has CC&Rs, and active association and annual dues per lot for 2008 was $30.
Cedar Pass Summerland has CC&RS, and active association and annual dues per lot is 2007 were $36.
Modoc Recreational Estates is closer to Alturas and most lots are at a lower elevation making for easier year round access. Cedar Pass Summerland is very pretty, but if you have a difficult winter as we did this last season, you may not be able to get in and out of your property.
If you'd like more information or would like to discuss various properties in Modoc County, please feel free to give me a call at 530-640-2411. I made the move to Modoc County from San Joaquin Valley in 2004 and can offer help about relocating that I wish I would have know when I made the move.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 2, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer