Are hurricanes bad in the Navarre area?

Asked by Josh, Huntsville, AL Tue Apr 7, 2009

Answers

4
Myke Atwater, Agent, Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Fri Aug 10, 2012
Josh, I have lived here for 11 years, and Navarre did get damage from one Hurricane. However, any coastal area on the east or southern coast of the United States is susceptible. However, you have had terrible tornados in Huntsville, and I would rather see it coming than be surprised in the middle of the night. We have hurricane insurance. I would encourage you not to live directly on the Gulf if you worry about hurricane damage, but anywhere on the north side of hwy 98 is pretty safe. Mostly wind damage if we have a cat 4 or 5 hurricane!! I don't worry about living here at all. Hurricane shutters, a generator are a good idea if you live here. But the quality of life is fantastic!! I am from Pennsylvania, and I don't want to live anywhere but here!!

Myke Triebold, GRI, LMC, ABR, SFR
MykeSaysSold@aol.com
850-305-6256
http://www.DestinHomeRealty.com
Hugo R. Bris…, , Navarre, FL
Fri Aug 28, 2009
A bad storm is bad anywhere you live. Tornados in Texas where I use to live in San Antonio of all places.
The chance of getting a hurricane every year at the same place are not that good. We live and enjoy the area, we are prepared and get more warning than you would of a Tornado, a mudslide in the night, or even a fire which in California happen more frequently than a hurricane due to the human element.

We are very comfortable, we are a senior family and enjoy the beauty and serenity.
Dora C. Zuses, , 32566
Fri Aug 21, 2009
It's truly is more hype than anything else, but I guess you just never know what can happen so they just want to make sure, I actually love it when it rains and we have one of those nice storms it's beautiful so much better than the snow storms I use to live thru up north.
Tue Apr 7, 2009
no worse than anywhere else--it is just that they did get hit with Ivan, which local people remember well--came on shore at Gulf shores Alabama, and we got the Northeast corner--worst possible place. Navarre is a great affordable place to locate, half way between Pensacola and Destin!! If i can assist you in any way, please contact me at 850-305-6256 or MykeSaysSold@aol.com

Myke