Anyone using MySpace or Facebook to Market Property?

Asked by vFlyer, 94103 Tue May 22, 2007

Answers

9
California M…, Agent, Oceanside, CA
Wed May 23, 2007
I use myspace to promote my loan business. It works...sort of. You wade through a lot of "dreamers' to get to the real buyers. As the site matures, and the average age of the user increases (and it already is), myspace can be a VERY effective promotional tool
Maureen Fran…, Agent, Birmingham, MI
Wed May 23, 2007
I have a myspace profile, but honestly I do not post much there or visit often. I don't post my properties there. Right now my vflyers are getting a lot of traffic on ActiveRain. I love vflyers!
Roberta Murp…, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Tue May 22, 2007
No, but I am wondering how to do it--and if it might work. Will be watching responses to this closely!
Susan Milner, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Thu May 24, 2007
I have a myspace account too for real estate. I can't say that I have actually sold anything from marketing there but I keep in touch with my friends, etc. who contact me about buying & selling - maybe it was because I stay in touch on myspace - perhaps they would have remembered me anyway? It can't hurt though!
Kaye Thomas, Agent, Manhattan Beach, CA
Wed May 23, 2007
I've se up accounts with both but have not yet started to market listings.. I do however like V-flyers and have used them to market listings..
Sat Aug 15, 2009
Yea of course... but myspace is the wrong demographics. Facebook isn't meant for marketing properties but can be used for it. Aren't you the guy from Activerain?

Gregory Garver - Commercial Real Estate Broker
Broker License# 01716531
(415)225-9894
gregory.garver@gmail.com
http://www.gregorygarver.com
Web Reference:  http://www.gregorygarver.com
Barry Miller, Agent, Amherst, NH
Thu May 31, 2007
I have, but I find it is a time eater. I have had better luck with craigslist getting inquiries on my listings than myspace.
Gena Riede, Agent, Elk Grove, CA
Fri May 25, 2007
No, I don't use My Space. With the hacking and the general use of the site, I choose to concentrate my efforts elsewhere.
Peter, , San Francisco Bay Area
Wed May 23, 2007
I have a Myspace and find that people mainly check it personel contact or event finding. I am not sure on the how effective it would be to market property. I think the one way that it could be effective is to promote a realator's blog or website.
The one drawback to that type of promotion is that you are mainly giving that info to people on your friend list. It is hard to reach a larger audience without looking like your adding "friends" just to spam them.
The one thing that I did just think of is that if a client has a Myspace a realtor could keep them infomed of anything intresting going on in their area. It would be an easy way to stay personally in touch with your a large number of clients.