Anyone know what the deal is with the Crestwood Lane houses in Williamsville, NY?

Asked by Erinwallace, Buffalo, NY Tue Dec 27, 2011

There are 3 that seem to have been on the market awhile- 243, 220 & 212. Wondering if they were foreclosures, something structurally wrong with them, undesirable location (behind a school) or just no buyers...

Answers

5
Karen Bishop, Agent, Amherst, NY
Tue Dec 27, 2011
I am actually intrigued with this area of Amherst; the homes hold some tradition value to the neighborhood and even though they are very spacious they have maintained their warmth and charm. Some of these homes have had some nice updates to them; others you may want to make updates to add some potential market value to them down the road. I have included a link here with a bit more detail for you than that you may be seeing on the internet on secondary websites:
http://nys.mlxchange.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=1671547…
If you are not currently working with an agent who is representing as a buyer's agent or you would like more information please don't hesitate to give me a buzz: 716-308-6555 or contact me via email at:
Karen.bishop@westernnewyorkhomes.net

I hope you find this answer helpful to you. At your service,
Karen L. Bishop
RE/MAX NORTH
Amherst, NY

"Making Dreams Come True One Home at a Time"
Elaine Heged…, Agent, Depew, NY
Wed Dec 28, 2011
I believe one of the reasons is the actual square footage of these homes...these are very large homes and unless a buyer has need of such a large home, they will not be interested. The size of the homes also puts them in a higher cost bracket...again, if a buyer cannot bear that expense, they are not buying these homes. My experience with buyers lately is that they are looking for smaller, more manageable homes, with lower maintenance costs, overall. Certainly nothing appears to be "wrong" with them.
Kristen Pete…, Agent, Williamsville, NY
Wed Dec 28, 2011
The single family home market in Amherst is down from last year by about 100+ homes. The Average sale price did not change much but the amount of sales has. Because of the amount of sales there is a lot of competition in Amherst.
Joe Sorrenti…, , Buffalo, NY
Tue Dec 27, 2011
Many of the homes that were built by Schmidt and Barbalato over there were heavy Spanish/Mediterranean style and not everyone likes that. Prices are all over the place depending on the condition and the updates.
Have you looked at any of them?
Do you have an agent you are working with?
If not, call me and we can discuss it further. The Schools are top notch by the way.
Joe Sorrentino - Assoc. Broker
MJ Peterson Real Estate
716-998-5637
joe@716SOLD.com
Robert & Lisa…, Agent, Williamsville, NY
Tue Dec 27, 2011
Erin,

Nothing is wrong with these houses and they are not in foreclosure. It is possible that there has not been to many people interested in them. If you would like to look at them please feel free to give me a call.

Robert Measer
912-2915