Ali, Home Buyer in New York

Anyone familiar with park lane reserve, west harrison? Who lives there, pro's/con's, do most kids go to public school? Issues with the

Asked by Ali, New York Tue Aug 20, 2013

public schools?

Answers

8
bbccette, Home Owner, Purchase, NY
Wed Dec 18, 2013
Honestly, the schools were much better before park lane was built. it is a community of 500 hones that all look alike. It's in west harrison, however because these people think they are rich, they get to go to Purchase School. The school is sooo overcrowded because of Park Lane. I am a real Purchase resident and my taxes went up to accomodate them since the school needed an extra wing, more teachers, etc...and in doing so, my kids got stuck in classes with obnoxious Park Lane kids, I had to endure a packed parking lot ( as Park Lane refuses to ride the bus) and of course, my kids conveniently got placed in classes where the teachers were hired maybe the week before. Purchase lost all of it's charm and diversity when park Lane was built..they are nouveau riche, all look talk and act the same, and the houses are ugly!
Thrilled for your kids HB! Typical Park laner bragging! My post was how the development killed the charm and size of the Purchase School. Park Lane is in West Harrison.
Flag Mon Jun 20, 2016
bbccette (interesting that you won't use your real name): Park Lane Reserve is a very nice community, I am one of the original home owners, have lived here since the 90's, have raised our two daughters here. Most of the kids go to the Harrison public schools but there are plenty of people that send their kids to private school (and yes, they do get into Rye Country Day, Hackley, etc.). The public school system is among the best in Westchester, both of my daughters did quite well and are attending top colleges. My younger daughter was in the first year that the school introduced the IB program and she received her diploma this past spring (2013). She has said to me on more than one occasion that "the IB program kicked my a-- (her words not mine) but it prepared me really well for college." I don't quite understand why you are so bothered by the Park Lane folks, most of them are perfectly fine, hardworking people raising their families here.
Flag Tue Jan 7, 2014
and yes they all use public school..Park Lane people think they have money and class but there's no way their kids could get into Rye Country Day, Hackley, Horace Mann or any other prestigious school...
Flag Wed Dec 18, 2013
Maria D. Wei…, Agent, White Plains, NY
Mon Dec 16, 2013
I live in West Harrison, Park Lane is a lovely community It's a great town and great police force. As for the schools elementary is Purchase school, Jr High is Louis M. Klein and High School is Harrison. All my grandchildren are in the schools at this time. The homes are a great value and taxes are reasonable. Please give me a call and we can discuss the area.
Patricia Geo…, Agent, Rye, NY
Thu Nov 21, 2013
Park Lane Reserve is a lovely community that has been developed over the last 20 years. Beautiful homes, great commute and wonder schools in the Harrison Central School District. This is one of only three districts in Westchester that offers and International Bacculaureate Degree from the high school.

Contact me on Trulia for a look.

Pat Geoghegan
Bonnie Stein, Agent, Rye, NY
Mon Sep 30, 2013
Park Lane is a wonderful community. Not only is there a pool and clubhouse but the homes are beautiful with nice large and level lots. Lots of kids. Purchase Elementary - award winning school. The Purchase Community House is a fabulous asset to this wonderful community. Most homes are 4-5 bedrooms. Close to Trains and Major Highways
Great Value in Park Lane.
Please contact me to see any Park Lane homes currently on the market.
Our office does most of the real estate business in Park Lane.
Contact me if you want more information.
Flag Mon Sep 30, 2013
I should have added that Harrison has the IB Program in the High School.
Check the website for details. Yes most of Park Lane uses the public schools.
Flag Mon Sep 30, 2013
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue Aug 20, 2013
Pros/cons are all about personal preferences, therefore research on your own in order to determine if your comfort level can be reached; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods. For school information see links below.
http://www.greatschools.com
http://www.schooldigger.com
https://reportcards.nysed.gov/‎
Bob Meyerson, Agent, Mamaroneck, NY
Tue Aug 20, 2013
I currently live in Harrison and my real estate office is in Mamaroneck. I would be more than happy to work with you. I manage Stillman Brokerage and can be reached at 914-813-1917. I look forward to your call.
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Tue Aug 20, 2013
Hi, there aren't too many homes that come up on the reserve but from what I've heard people like it. The school district is Harrison.

Chris
Owen Berkowi…, Agent, Scarsdale, NY
Tue Aug 20, 2013
Hi. Park Lane Reserve is a very well done and we'll liked place. Any information beyond that is available online at various sites.