Amount of train noise to expect on Lindsey and Elliot Road?

Asked by Nathan, Gilbert, AZ Sun Dec 28, 2008

My wife and I are looking into the subdivision of Elliot and Lindsey and our biggest fear is the train noise in that area, since the community boarders a railroad. How noisy does it get and what's the frequency of the trains?

Answers

5
Chris, Home Buyer, 85296
Sat Feb 7, 2009
I live in Summerfield place and occasionally the train bothers me, but very rarely. It is a pretty nice quiet neighborhood with established homes and stable people. Most of my neighbors have lived here for 15+ years.
Aa, Home Buyer, Gilbert, AZ
Fri Jan 30, 2009
My house is a quarter mile from the train in Gilbert and it is VERY LOUD. Don't let anyone lie to you, my house is brand new with great insulation and double-pane windows and at 12 am and 4:30am it is LOUD. It wakes me up every day. Unless you are an extremely hard sleeper you will hear it. It is like a loud alarm clock in my bedroom at 4:30am. Even my husband who is a hard sleeper complains. I would say a safe distance is a mile or more. PLEASE do more research on this, I personally can't wait to move.
Garrett Beane, Home Buyer, Gilbert, AZ
Sun Jan 4, 2009
Depending on which side of that intersection you're looking, it might not be an issue. I live in the northeast quadrant of Val Vista and Warner (same distance as Lindsay & Elliot) and it never bothers me. I can BARELY & FAINTLY hear it early in the morning if I happen to be awake. It comes through at about 4:30-4:45 am. I probably hear it because I expect to hear it.
Mr.P, , Arizona
Sat Jan 3, 2009
Yo Nate,

I lve in that area. I rarely hear the train, once every two months? However I sleep like a ton of bricks.

Your best bet is to contact the railroad.

Find out the schedual.

Go park in front of your future home when they expect the train to be comming through.

Good Luck

Patrick
Web Reference:  http://WWW.AZRE.TV
Stew Keene, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Mon Dec 29, 2008
Nathan,

Elliott and Lindsay is actually away from the train tracks going in a easterly direction.

Have you found a home there already?

Stew Keene
Ph (480) 220-7491
Fax (866- 711 8573
StewKeene@yahoo.com
Keller Williams - Scottsdale, AZ
2008-2009 Master of Real Estate award recipient