AS THE CONSUMERS USE OF THE INTERNET STARTS TO DICTATE HOW HOMEOWNERS AND BUYERS SELL AND BUY REAL ESTATE,

Asked by Susan Connal, Greenwich, CT Sun Jun 17, 2007

WHAT ARE THE THREE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS THEY WANT OUT OF THEIR REALTOR ® ?

Answers

11
J R’s answer
J R, , New York, NY
Wed Nov 21, 2007
Owner:

What can you do for me that I cant do for myself?
What access to information do you have that I dont?
Why can you get a better price or provide better service than your competition?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What can I do that you can't do, as a seller? Be objective about your home, for a start. Be able to put a price on it I believe it will sell for, quickly. I can also use my judgement, since I've been looking at the market, individual houses inside and out, and spoken to buyers--which you haven't done and can't do to the extent I have.

What information do I have access to that you don't. I may have access to the same information you can GET access to, but I know where to get it, have it all in one place, and have been studying it a lot longer than you have.

What can I do to get a better price and get better service? Well I can only get the price your home is worth. I can get a better price because if follow my recommendations it will sell faster and not stagnate on the market. My marketing plan will give you better service than some other agents because I have fine tuned it to get results.
J R, , New York, NY
Wed Nov 21, 2007
Ginger says:
I do feel the internet helps me to get info and to put info out there. So what I really need from my realtor is traffic. Bring the buyers through the door.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Did you ever plan a fundraiser? Do a local production at the high school? Do anything where you need the cooperation and support of others? Selling your home is the same. When I market a home, I GET the agents to bring the buyers thru the door because I know the agents. I feed them, I go to their open houses and support them, I SELL THEIR listings, I go to their office openings... IOW contrary to what most FSBUS think, it takes a lot more than getting your house on every website that exists to sell it. Oh, for sure, you could just plant a sign in the yard and the next person who drives by MIGHT call and buy it, but it isn't likely. And bear in mind, I'm talking about a home that is priced right and staged correctly in the first place, which most FSBUS are not.
Ginger R., Home Seller, Massachusetts
Wed Nov 21, 2007
Rk Ruthman, , Connecticut
Wed Apr 23, 2008
I am a real estate broker, but I am also a consumer like every other Joe, so I will respond like a consumer.

If I find any company /person on the internet, (or through a referral) this is what I want when I do business with them:

(1) When I hire anyone to do any job I want them working in my best interest, doing their best, and not just working for the money. And, if I do negotiate for a great deal, I still want the best service possible, no matter what.

(2) I want them to listen. I want them to understand, and of course, I want them to do what they say they are going to do, and not give me excuses. (Call me before I call you)

(3) Don't act like god's gift to your profession, or give me BS. Share the knowledge, & treat me with respect. (If you think I was smart for hiring you, then you better treat me right, or I will take my business elsewhere)

When any professional for any service does those things (there is more on my list), we get along just fine.
Web Reference:  http://www.RuthmanRE.com
Owner, Home Seller, 07021
Tue Nov 20, 2007
These aare the thingd I would want to know:

Lorie Gould, Agent, Duluth, GA
Tue Nov 20, 2007
1) A realtor with a reputation and proven record of strong negotiation skills. Sales price to list price history can provide such a record in addition to letters of recommendations from past clients.
2) Strong representation: an agent that they know is fighting for the client goals and not for themselves to get a paycheck.
3) Internet is great but a great Realtor can properly position their listings to stand out among the competition especially in todays market where there is so much competition. For buyers, the right agent will be able to hone in on exactly what they are looking for in their new home which allows the agent to preview and only show homes meeting their criteria and tastes so that their time is not wasted on looking at homes that do not meet their needs.
Sam, , Carlsbad, CA
Tue Jun 19, 2007
1. Honesty 2. Not pushy 3. Great Dialogue / Negotiator
Heather M. B…, Agent, London, KY
Wed Apr 23, 2008
The sale, the sale and the sale!!!
Charlie, Home Buyer, Columbus, OH
Wed Apr 23, 2008
show the house, make the purchase contract, and shut up
Owner, Home Seller, 07021
Wed Nov 21, 2007
JR: Good answer! And if you can potential clients that you've done it successfully in the past too you'll be at a competive advantage to your competition and give consumers what they are looking for in a realtor.
Donna, , 06488
Wed Jun 20, 2007
Honesty, Knowledge, Reliability