Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Financing in Gary : Real Estate Advice

  • All93
  • Local Info10
  • Home Buying16
  • Home Selling6
  • Market Conditions8

Activity 7
Tue Mar 3, 2015
Noah Seidenberg answered:
You should work on cleaning up your FICA score with a credit repair specialist. Some lenders will help you in this way.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 9, 2013
Gordon Parker answered:

Very few lenders loan under 35,000 for a home mortgage loan. You definitely could get a personal loan for $25,000 from any lender depending on your income, credit score and job history.

Try local banks. They are more likely to assist in these situations.

Good Luck and Respectfully,

Gordon Parker
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 15, 2013
Joseph Roraff answered:
I'm sure there is financing available. Talk to local lenders in your area.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 12, 2011
Bill Vossos answered:
Hi Jermaine,

It looks like you've gotten some pretty good answers and I hope they've cleared up any questions you may have. If you are interested in house listings, I service Merrillville and the surrounding areas and would be glad to help. You can reach me my email or cell.

Bill Vossos - Associate Broker
Century 21 Executive Realty
219.680.9037 - Cell
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 13, 2010
Shannon Thomas answered:
Its not enough to be under water but if you have any of the below criteria you might be able to do a short sale.
!. Loss of Job
2. Decrease in Pay
3. divorce
4. Death
5. Illness

Call a Realtor to find out what your options are in your area. Sounds like being unemployed, owing more then its worth and behind a couple of payments would constitute a short sale. Legal advice would be in order also. Have you talked to your lender to see if they can do a loan modification. Be careful though and read all the fine print .
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Aug 29, 2008
Jessica Kljajic answered:
Depends on who is the seller (bank owned property) ? And if you are buying it to live in the house or you buying it as an investement. Your need an agent to represent you and negotiate with the sellers for you. Don't waste time. Explain the situation as soon as possible. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Financing in Gary Zip Codes