Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Garfield : Real Estate Advice

  • All21
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 21
Wed Nov 30, 2016
Kalpeshtrivedi asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 3, 2016
Zarif asked:
I am looking to rent a whole house with 2 floors with separate kitchen & 2 bed rooms at each floor. Even 1 floor & 1 basement would do but 2 separate kitchen in Queens, NYC..

0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 25, 2016
Slinkamalinka asked:
Fri May 6, 2016
Maria Tsabrova Buyers Rebate answered:
For additional savings look up closing costs assistance for homes you purchase. You can get it from me and only a few realtors but it is thousands of dollars not to miss! Good luck with your endeavors! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun May 1, 2016
Shabnam Najafov answered:
Hi, I'm a Coldwell Banker agent in Bergen county and can show you several available homes in Garfield. Contact me if you're interested.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Feb 6, 2015
Jeanne Feenick answered:
I'd say share it with the agent/property manager and see if they will accept it.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 30, 2015
Cory Trevor answered:
Some of the other posters have made some good referrals, but I don't know how much it will help you. If the legal process is complete, it seems unlikely that you will be able to do anything about it. There are always appeals, but they can be a long shot. If this is a malpractice issue, you might be able to hold the attorney accountable.!practice_areas/c1iwz
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 16, 2015
Ruth and Perry Mistry answered:
A lot depends on credit, number of people in a home and more importantly your FICO and ability to pay rent on time.

Good luck.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 29, 2014
Unspecified asked:
This question was asked from
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 15, 2013
Andrew Tisellano answered:
How did they cause the delay?
Was the seller a bank?
How did you sign against your will? Did they have a gun to your head?
You must have got a very good deal.
Ask an attorney about taking them to court. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu May 23, 2013
Mack McCoy answered:
You don't need to be able to afford legal counsel to have your co-borrower quit claim their interest in the property to you, they can just go ahead and do it.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri May 17, 2013
Trevor Curran answered:
Good morning only1yvette,

I've been helping First Time Buyers for 23 years as a mortgage professional and I will tell you what I have always told my clients here in New York: If you are a First Time Buyer, steer clear of foreclosures and short sales.

Foreclosures are someone else's headache. The home probably has not been well-maintained and you're a First Time Buyer adjusting to paying a mortgage. Do you really want to walk in the door to someone else's deferred maintenance that YOU will have to pay for? Also, if you're thinking there are deals to be had in terms of lower prices, mostly those "deals" go to professional investors who can pay cash, negotiate hard with a Lender, and close fast.

For Short Sales, my attitude of late is that First Time Buyers should steer clear. Short Sales tend to be a better deal for the homeowner than for the Buyer. You'll wait MONTHS for the homeowner's Lender to approve the short sale; maybe as long as Six or Seven Months. Meanwhile, you're stuck in a contract to buy that home. I closed a short sale recently with a Buyer who, after seven months said this at the closing table, "I don't even want this house anymore."

And he didn't even get the "deal" on price he thought he was getting! The house appraised for only slightly more than he paid for it at the short sale price. He walked into this deal thinking he was buying a home for $100,000 less than it's value. In the end that wasn't the case.

There are plenty of motivated Sellers with their homes listed on your local MLS. Go find a good Local Mortgage Banker, get prequalified, then find a great, experienced Realtor, and buy the home you want at the price you're willing to pay.

Trevor Curran
NMLS #40140

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed May 1, 2013
Solores Jones asked:
This question was asked from this property:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 21, 2013
Wayne Odenbrett answered:
Many ofthe "Computer Based" services, like Trulia or Zillow, will not know some of the special circumstances of any property. They both give the owner an opportunity to correct things on line, if errors are discovered.

That is a good reason to use a Realtor to assist you as a Seller, or Buyer to uncover trouble
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 1, 2012
Franklin Marquez answered:
Right now a 3 bdrm in a safe area will run in between 1200 to 1700 hundred dollars....i will recomend you to think of buying. because the difference is not too me if you need any help I'll be more than happy to guide you from point a to z... ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Aug 22, 2012
Andrew Tisellano answered:
Hi Glenis

I guess it depends on the how early?

The are plenty of Day care available in Garfield including free pre school.. Maybe you ust need someone who can drop them off for you. You can also check at some local churches. If you contact me I'll try and help you ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Apr 9, 2010
Eva answered:
Thanks for the help. I recently bought the house from a contractor that had the tenants living in the first floor.
I took a look at the lease and this is what it says:

ENTRY BY LANLORD: Upon reasonable notice, the LANDLORD may enter the PREMISES to provide services, inspect, repair, improve or show it. The TENANT must notify the LANDLORD if the tenant will be away for (10) days or more. In case of emergency or the TENANT’S absence, the LANDLORD may enter the PREMISES without TENANT’S consent.

Does this mean that i can show it at anytime, but give them reasonable notice?
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 13, 2007
Ian A. Wolf answered:
It seems to me this home is a pre-foreclosure based on your information. If that is the case there is an opportunity for a short sale to make up the difference. Your situation happened to me once(I am also an investor). How we solved the issue, was that we called the creditor and negotiated a lower payoff. Because the home is destined for foreclosure, both the bank and the creditor may be willing to negotiate to make the deal happen. Certainly knowing more details helps, but I think you get the general idea. Your agent should be able to guide you with those options. Feel free to email me for help if you need it. I've been there and it can be quite stressful. I can tell you that it sounds like you may be able to work this one out. Good luck. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Garfield Zip Codes