Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Gardiner : Real Estate Advice

  • All7
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 7
Wed Apr 2, 2014
VM answered:
Did a Google image search of the address: this is the only exterior shot that came up. Hope this helps! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 30, 2013
Bob Venard answered:
If you are asking about Security in Maine, it is an earnest money deposit at time of offer which is refundable if not satisfied with contract due diligence activities, unable to obtain financing, or if clear title cannot be given. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 30, 2013
Annette Lawrence answered:
Home buyer in Gariner,
Angela, you have read a thousand times that a buyer should have their own representation.
Yes, you can walk outside the umbrella of protection this provides you.
But YOU must accept the FULL responsibility of the outcome should you get soaked to the bone.
That is one of the really great things about real estate, we really CAN NOT prevent people from harming themselves, we can only advise.
If you want the listing agent to represent you and the seller, with whom they have a pre-existing relationship, you are fully able to do so. That is what is so great about real estate.
The listing agent will be doing the happy dance.
And, you will be none the wiser. That is what is so great about real estate.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 15, 2012
Annette Lawrence answered:
Excellent responses already. And the responses are applicable to most traditional home sales.
Some homes are marketed with the requirement that offers must be contingency free. That means the inspections must be completed before you write your purchase offer. Homes sold in this manner attract EXPERIENCED home buyers who are able to assess condition more accurately than the buyer who purchases a home every dozen years. This also implies that when the seller accepts your offer...You've just bought a home! NO DO OVERS.
When must an inspection be done to provide the intended protections for the buyer?
Within the time frame specified within the purchase agreement. Typically not more than 15 day after acceptance of purchase offer. (Read contract)
Who pays? You do. By credit card before the inspection. Or pay the inspector directly at the time of the inspection.
I participate in the buying and selling of dozens of homes every year. The extra set of expert eyes the inspector brings into the situation is INVALUABLE. For a few hundred bucks they can save you a lifetime of grief. The buyer and I were so infatuated with the big water view and dolphins playing in the Gulf of Mexico we did not notice until the inspector pointed out the building was being devoured by a condition resulting in unstable ground..
Best of success to you,
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed May 30, 2012
Meghan Gilbert answered:
I love that house too! The one on Winter Hill that is covered by vines? I did not see it in MLS, but call me, and we can run a search for similar, cool, creepy houses. 207-850-0909 or ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 25, 2010
Tammy Mayers answered:
Contact your agent and let them know. Any updates on Trulia should only take 24-48hours from when the ad is changed whether its done manually or a direct feed from another site.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Aug 1, 2008
Russell Lewis answered:
In a number of transactions attorneys are already present reviewing the documents for the Lender and the Title Company to protect them from any mistakes or errors in the transaction. For this reason many people do not hire an additional attorney to review the documents on their behalf especially if the transaction utilizes promulgated forms.


If there is anything that is "out of the box" or if you have ANY questions about a real estate transaction or there is anything that you are unsure of in any capacity, then you should hire a real estate attorney to review any concerns you may have. That said, you need to hire an attorney who actually specializes in real estate. There are so many attorneys in the phone book that seem to have a “grocery list” of jobs (like a jack-of-all-trades) that they “specialize” in but I would make sure you employ a lawyer whose primary business is real estate. I have a large clientele that is made up of physicians and one of them made the analogy; hiring a lawyer who does not do real estate is like hiring a foot doctor to do brain surgery”.

This in no way denigrates the wonderful foot doctors out there, it just shows the difference of ability in each field!

I hope this helps,

Russell M. Lewis
AvenueOne Properties, Inc.
901 W. Ninth St. #110
Austin, Texas 78703
(512) 531-3150: Office Direct
(512) 472-4722: Office Fax
... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice