Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Fullerton : Real Estate Advice

  • All152
  • Local Info15
  • Home Buying39
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions6

Activity 122
Fri Oct 20, 2017
Nicole Fedorchek answered:
Hello, Tricia-
In order to bid on an Auction property, you need to have a cashier's check in hand for the minimum amount required (varies by property, but is always on the auction listing). Then you do need to provide guarantee funds immediately upon acceptance. Keep in mind, these properties do not allow for an inspection period, and you take possession in "as-is" condition with no warranties.
Please reach out to me for additional assistance!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Sep 7, 2017
Rmrucker answered:
If your friend wants to give away any more property in the USA, be sure to come back and tell us. We can give him a list a names of people to which he can give property. We would prefer at least half an acre and it doesn't have to include the mule. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 11, 2017
Pat Fort answered:
I have a friend who is a veteran, and he is extremely offended that the flags are being used for advertisement, and that the flags are then allowed to rot in place by the people who leave them. I pick up the flag by my mailbox before dark on the day it is put out, so at least it isn't displayed in the dark, and I pick up flags in the neighborhood that are getting dirty. Then I give them to my friend. I think he has them burned as part of a ceremony, as is required by the US Flag Code. If there is one real estate agent I will never do business with in this town, it is the goofball that puts out those flags with her business card. ... more
0 votes 28 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 24, 2017
Derek Jones answered:
As long as they sell for more than what they owe they can sell for whatever price they choose.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed May 24, 2017
Sherylpierce answered:
I have been representing buyers and sellers for 20+ years and I still enjoy working rentals very much. Yes, the commissions can be very low if anything but at the end of day I am here to help people & as still as I am making a living on other deals, I am happy to assist. Honestly, some of my largest sales have come from the people who I helped rent at one time. You truly never know and to me, it is simply all about helping someone in need and sharing my expertise. Good luck to all. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 27, 2017
Nicole Fedorchek answered:
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 7, 2017
Haworth Pacific asked:
Thu Sep 29, 2016
Nicole Fedorchek answered:
Hi, Jenn!
I can help you! As a native of the area, I am very familiar with all the areas your mentioned, and can assist you in researching the HOAs for pet restrictions.
DON'T settle for less, you have a great price point, and you should be able to find something perfect!
I also have a wonderful lending team that can walk you through the loan process.

I would love to work with you! Check out my Facebook business page, or my website for more information about me! Feel free to contact me anytime!

... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 27, 2016
Rich Reed answered:
Unless you live in a rent controlled area, if you have a lease for more than 30 days, your rent cannot be increased during the term of the lease, unless the lease allows rent increases. If you have a periodic rental agreement, your landlord can increase your rent, but the landlord must give you proper advance notice in writing. The written notice tells you how much the increased rent is and when the increase goes into effect. California law guarantees you at least 30 days’ advance written notice of a rent increase if you have a month-to-month (or shorter) periodic rental agreement.
That is one of the big disadvantages of renting. Verbal promises don't mean very much. There is no limit of how often (except as noted above) or how much your rent can increase!
Consider working with a Realtor to see if home ownership is right for you.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jun 8, 2016
Have a title company handle it for your. No realtor needed. If you need a referral to a good one or a mortgage to do so call me. I am a realtor/broker and will help you with the paperwork for free if your sister uses me for the mortgage.


CA BRE Lic 01080071 NMLS lic 287206 Equal housing lender
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 2, 2016
Walter 'Skip' Kersten answered:
Hi Kel,
If you sell your home and there is no mortgage you will receive cash rather or not your buyer paid cash. (Cash buyers will usually offer less than non cash buyers so you might just sell to a well qualified buyer). You then write cash offers to purchase one or more homes. You can also sell contingent upon buying and make the escrows close concurrently. Hope that helps. You can email me directly at if you have additional questions or would like an estimate of what your home is worth.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jun 1, 2016
You are not required to file taxes if your income is under a certain limit. Though in the year you sell the house you will need o file taxes. There is an owner occupied exemption for $250,000 for a single person and $500,000 for a married couple. That has nothing to do with how much cash is distributed, rather it is the price you paid for the house minus the price you sell the house for.

There are some strategies you can use to avoid additional taxes.

Also remember the tax base on the old house is probably much lower than the new house, if you are over 55 you may be able to transfer the property tax to the new house.

For example.

Let's say you paid $300,000 for a house in 1998 and now are selling it for $500,000. If it is an owner occupied house and you are a single person, you get the $250,000 exception and get all $500,000 tax free.

I I understand the question, you are paying cash for the new house. The transaction will be reported to the IRS.

If the new house is $400,000 then the property tax rate will go up from $3000 to $4000 or an increase of $1000 a year. If you are over 55 you can avoid that by filing the proper paperwork at the county recorder's office.

I am a bit more than just a lender, I do full on mortgage planning strategies and am a real estate broker.

I am more than happy to help people who call, for no charge or obligation. Please verify with your licensed legal and tax advisors


Lic BRE 01080071 NMLS lic 287206
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon May 16, 2016
Hello John, the banks will not lend more than a house is worth at market value per appraisal so it will depend on if the buyers have all cash or are paying the difference of the appraised value and the asking price.

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran & VA or CalVet loan specialist
REO & Short Sale Specialist
Credit Repair At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
24+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
9am till 5pm by phone Monday thru Saturday, Sundays by appt., EMAIL ANYTIME 24/7 or
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 11, 2016
Nicole Fedorchek answered:
I would love to show you around the area, if you are coming for a house-hunting visit! Fullerton has a small municipal airport (private planes), and is located about 30 minutes from the commercial airport (John Wayne Airport). There are a lot of great options in the Sunny Hills/Los Coyotes area of Fullerton/Buena Park.
Contact me directly, and I would love to work with you!
Nicole Fedorchek, Tarbell Realtors
Gold Circle of Excellence
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 29, 2015
Nicole Fedorchek answered:
You would need to check with your city's building permits requires. Specifically, you are looking for the "setbacks" from the property line. Each city has different requirements. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 8, 2015
Old question...but very common.
Yes, any one person can sell you a home at any price of their choosing.
Gift Equity is perfectly acceptable with a gift letter.

To ascertain the value, the lender will request a new appraisal.

The actual value of the home for loan to value purposes is going to be the new purchase price regardless of appraised value.

In this case $440/$550 would be 80%.

It can be one and I am guessing ....has already been done with much success!!

The new property tax bill will be calculated on your purchase price of the home.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6
Search Advice
Fullerton Zip Codes