Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

77546 : Real Estate Advice

  • All12
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 9
Thu Mar 16, 2017
Hello, I'm a mortgage professional.

Yes, yes you can get a mortgage for a new home as long as you meet all the qualifications.

I would need more details to determine the amount you can qualify for.

We have programs that require a low or even some programs that require no down payment.

If you would like help with this or have any questions you are welcome to get in touch with me.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Mar 18, 2016
ixora480 asked:
Wed Feb 10, 2016
Samone527 asked:
Mon Aug 25, 2014
Dan Tabit answered:
This is a great question to put before an Estate Attorney. There are ways to deal with situations like this but the discussion is beyond the licensing of a real estate agent. Doing it the right way, as directed by a licensed attorney who practices Estate Law in Texas can save everyone the most money and protect all involved. Please get to one to have this discussion right away. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri May 24, 2013
Parker Company Real Estate Services answered:
Texas has recently passed new laws that regulate Homeowner Associations. We suggest you seek the advice of an attorney regarding any questions or concerns about your HOA.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 3, 2012
Edith Karoline Jasser answered:
Once you are interested in a certain property your Realtor will be able to get you that detailed information, he or she will also be able to let you know which deductions will apply to you, and which ones are currently on the home, as they may change for you, especially if seniors currently own the home, or if major improvements have been made to the home, that the taxes do not reflect yet, so be careful, as a home buyer work with an experienced, trusted, local Realtor to assist you in finding the right property and getting you the answers to
all your questions, helping you with the offer, negotiating the best terms and price on your behalf and so much more. Once a signed contract make sure you involve a real estate attorney to review it....

Hope this helps, do not do this on your own....

Good Luck a happy 2012
Edith YourRealtor4Life~! and your Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, buyers, sellers and investors alike....
Edith Always goes the X-tra Mile with a Smile for her clients!
Referrals of your friends, family and acquaintances are always highly appreciated
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 2, 2010
Hannah Fliegel answered:
Hi Susan,

If the secured lien is in first position on the property and he does not pay you, then you foreclose on the property. If your lien is in second position then you "take over" the first. Meaning you also foreclose on the property but you have to keep the first lien current and keep paying that. Assuming that there is equity this can be very lucrative for you. However, if there is no equity in the property then wasting your time and money to foreclose only to have to fund a negative equity property would not be a good use for your money, in my opinion.

Next, if there is no equity you might be able to remove the interest off the property and obtain a deficiency judgment against him directly and this would allow you to garnish wages and perhaps be paid over time based on his income, but at least you would receive your money back, not ideal but it's what I would consider doing. Also, in your state you have a statute of limitations, in my State it's 7 years therefore let's assume he doesn't have "a pot to .... in" he might in the next 10 years and your deficiency judgment will be there waiting for him :)

Since you are asking this question, we all assume that you have not gotten some type of legal representation. I would suggest you first sit down and look at the equity situation first. Look at all the legal expenses and cost of the foreclosure process, and your mental health and decide which is the best way for you to recover your money.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 15, 2009
Dominick Dina answered:
Add It Up,

Sorry to hear of your problem with your sale.

The agent is not allowed in Texas to give legal advice.

See a real estate attorney immediately.

As an option, roll your costs into a new sales price for this buyer to recoup your expenses.

Best wishes,

Dominick Dina, Broker/Owner
Christian Realty San Antonio
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice