Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Fremont : Real Estate Advice

  • All832
  • Local Info66
  • Home Buying485
  • Home Selling42
  • Market Conditions30

Activity 1,239
Mon Dec 11, 2017
Cecepug15 asked:
Sun Dec 10, 2017
Ws Homeowner answered:
If you go laminate (I.e. 'Pergo') that will not scratch. It is not wood but a picture of wood and wears really well. However it is not very good with lots of water so choose carefully and you have to be really cautious and very clean compared to tile. Tile is virtually indestructible and how often are you in socks or bare feet in the kitchen? Of course tile may need more prep and there is grout to clean. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Dec 8, 2017
Somewhereother answered:
how so i find out the property owner of this house info???
0 votes 75 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 7, 2017
Rich Reed answered:
Properly terminating a purchase agreement is important. Ask your agent, your broker, and your attorney about the terms of your specific agreement. Usually, as you described, you would have to issue the buyer a Notice to Perform prior to termination. You may be able to accept another buyer subject to termination of the agreement and cancellation of the escrow, again consult with your agent, your broker, and your attorney.
We write our agreements on behalf of our sellers to avoid the problems you describe. It is far too common for buyers, especially investors, to get their offer accepted and then use these time periods to lock up the property while they decide if they really want it.
I am a real estate broker qualified to advise you on California real estate matters, not the law. If you desire legal advice, consult with an attorney.
Best of luck to you!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Dec 3, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Owner names are available thru the county tax assessor's office or website. Owner names are considered private information and not available thru apps or other websites. Real estate websites like Trulia, Zillow and others do not publish owner names. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 16, 2017
86 asked:
Which home is better a buy: 1950 home with a lot size of 7000 sq ft vs a 1990 home with a lot size of 4000 sq ft in the same neighborhood?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 29, 2017
Frank S. answered:
There is a portfolio loan which is ONE DAY after a foreclosure, short sale or deed in lieu. Check out the web reference below...
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 20, 2017
Susie Kay answered:
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 16, 2017
Mohamed Cisse answered:
We would like to move at end of November. Looking for 3 bedrooms 519 781 4154
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 28, 2017
B0nb0n answered:
Are there rental restrictions regarding single story homes?
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 18, 2017
Mojarad1 answered:
6% commission was customary for when house were selling about $30K in early 1970's which was a reasonable fee to pay for agents' time. However in today's market when houses are selling for over a million dollars, 6% is way too much. Considering the amount of time an agent spends on buying or selling a property for his/her client the 6% makes the hourly rate comes out even more than a brain surgeon makes per hour. Real estate agents' services are valuable but not that much. ... more
0 votes 20 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 15, 2017
Benzapper answered:
Check Case Law as I have been doing the last few weeks, as i found a property that i am in line to buy is in the floodplain, and was not disclosed to me by seller.
I will use this case law as well as regulations/laws in place to negotiate a better buying price.

see below link as an example of the seller being at fault.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 15, 2017
Susie Kay answered:
Your question is very general. The answer is depending on your contractor and how upgraded you want your home to be.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Sep 15, 2017
Susie Kay answered:
Well you put your cash in a financial institution first until you find a home that you like.
Depending upon how much cash you received, you may want to consult with a CPA first.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Sep 11, 2017
Mary answered:

Please follow the instructions below on how to find a Section 8 rental listings.

1. Click the Rent tab on our homepage
2. Enter your desired area in the search bar and hit Enter
3. Click More, enter the keyword 'Section 8', and click Add.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate

Contact Us:
Help Center:
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice