Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Rental Basics in Frederick County : Real Estate Advice

  • All14
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 6
Sun Apr 12, 2015
Kelly Putz answered:
Hi Michelle,

As far as I know, it is not the entire state of Maryland, but definitely Frederick County which allows pit bulls and mixes. Other counties in Maryland, such as Prince Georges, don't allow pit bulls at all and even make tenants agree in their leases that they will not have pit bulls.

It's a good idea to consult with the county/city gov't offices to determine whether pit bulls are allowed in the area you are planning to relocate to.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 15, 2014
Brock Chapman answered:
As several agents have suggested below,

Has most of the information you need. You do NOT need a permit to rent out your house in Frederick, MD.

I would also call the local courthouse and/or local association of Realtors. This would be the Frederick City Courthouse off of West Patrick St and FCAR (Frederick County Association of Realtors) of off route 85. Doesn't hurt to call a local brokerage or agent too for more information.

All the best,

... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 20, 2014
Michelle Thomas asked:
I am currently looking for a rental within the next 3 weeks. I also have 2 large breed dogs. a pittbull and husky mix. I have read that Maryland had recently passed a new law about no…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 19, 2014
Robert Krop answered:
You need to check your local and state laws first. Generally, there is a reasonable timeframe that has to be followed, but sometimes it can even depend on weather and temperatures (which is the case here in Maryland). Consulting an attorney is also recommended. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 29, 2014
The Roskelly Team answered:
The repair clause is pretty common in our area but usually comes with a cap/deductible which is normally $100. If anything needs replacement that should be the Landlord's cost (per our standard lease agreement), but anything the two parties mutually agree to just needs to be put in writing. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Oct 29, 2011
The Roskelly Team answered:
My heart breaks for you and I wish I had a solution. However, I would think that you could start with a housing assistance program. Or perhaps there is some fabulous Landlord that will read this and bless you with a better place to live. Best of luck. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice