Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

76131 : Real Estate Advice

  • All15
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 12
Fri Jul 1, 2016
Brian.mccormick asked:
Fri Jun 17, 2016
Naivy asked:
Hello, I actually do have a ton of questions. I am 28 years old and interested in buying my first home. My legal status here in the US is a renewable Work visa, I am not a US Citizen. My…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 29, 2015
John Pancerzewski answered:
Llamame. 817-648-8990

Te puedo ayudar. :)
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 31, 2015
sinnann5 asked:
I was forced to use the seller's title company and they have stalled and dragged their feet at every point. My closing documents were sent to title on Friday because I was to close on Monday.…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 8, 2014
Bryan asked:
We live in Fort Worth Texas and there is an area nearby that we think may be the next up and coming town. We've thought about buying a house and renting it out, but now thinking of…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 6, 2014
donnatupper answered:

If you need help with funding, I can help. We are looking for people who want to own a home but can't get approved for a loan because of bad credit or who show little to no income due to self-employment. Let me be clear, this is NOT a free-for-all on home buying. My company finds buyers who have the funds to support a mortgage payment but show very little income or have a poor credit score. We find homes for those looking, remodel the home to the buyer's wants/needs and put them in it. A 10% deposit is necessary to secure a home in your name. If you want to own your own home and have a stable, verifiable income that can support a monthly mortgage payment, we need to talk. Let us do the work for you and see if we can get you into your own home. Again, this is NOT a government sponsored program or a loophole in the system. We are an honest company helping those who cannot find funding in a traditional manner. Contact me and let's start examining your options!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Dec 27, 2013
Dallas Texas answered:
No professional can render an opinion for fact we are unconfirmed what is in your contract(s). Refer to the terms and conditions.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111 100's of Dallas homes listed for sale or lease

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

(If my answer is helpful indicate by THUMBS UP or BEST ANSWER. Thank you )
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 11, 2013
Bruce Lynn answered:
There's not a lot of rentals in this price range, but there are some.
Here's what I show.,23930,23958,23925/

Unfortunately the way the market is once you find the house, you have to move in within about 30days or at least start paying rent. If you want to move in late May, best to look late April.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 21, 2012
Jim Olive answered:
With a little research on what it would cost to properly water your grass you could stipulate, in the lease, that the tennants water at a predetermined rate and you will credit them the cost of doing so in their monthly rent. That way you don't pay for them to take 45 minute showers, but you do ensure your grass gets watered... ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 23, 2009
Margaret T. Hatcher answered:
You may be talking about Lease option or where you take money up front then lease the home for a certain amount with some going toward the purchase and the purchase happening at a certain time with the money up front and some of the lease money going toward the purchase.
We as Realtors,in Texas, are not even allowed to handle these with out an attorney so I would not do so myself.
As far as the lease monies, later when the person that leases goes to purchase only the amount that the lender considers over and above a normal lease amount will be allowed to go toward the purchase regardless of what the two of you agree upon. And any amount taken up front is what can get you in trouble with out the benefit of an attorney. You both need one .
Real Estate Attorneys are not really that expensive , that is until the mistake has already been make.
Your investment in property is not a place where you want to count the pennies and lose dollars later.
Good Luck
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 23, 2009
Bruce Lynn answered:

You really need to speak to a board certified real estate attorney to do this in Texas. The legislature here has esentially outlawed this. It is not illegal per se, but the laws enacted make it extremely difficult for the seller to comply. If you don't comply, you can potentially loose the house to the buyer AND be liable for additional charges including their attorney fees.

Most of the good attorneys I know say don't do it. Most of the good brokers I know would never let their agents work these transactions. You'll always find people who want to try to work around the system, but it just depends if you are willing to risk loosing 100% of your investment and more if you do it incorrectly....with even just a very minor mistake.

If you are asking questions about how to calculate the rent, then I would stay away from these transactions.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice