Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

76108 : Real Estate Advice

  • All14
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 12
Tue Oct 24, 2017
Zyre Sullivan answered:
Seller does not need to sign the notice of buyers termination. however a release of earnest money is to be signed by all parties. There is an exception with that depending on the title company. Some require the release of earnest during the option period and some do not. Give the title company a call to confirm their policy. They are a neutral third party and are required to give equal service to both buyer and seller. Id be glad to answer any further questions that you have. Good luck. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 18, 2017
Susie Kay answered:
Sun Feb 14, 2016
Bobjesperson asked:
Fri Jan 2, 2015
Ereka Jones answered:
This is hard to determine! Maybe review the previous gas payments you had over time to predict what future payments would be should you keep the mineral rights.

This may help you come up with figures for selling the minerals. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 2, 2015
Ereka Jones answered:
Hi There!

Please be very careful of any Lease Option. I am NOT a lawyer of any kind, but many people have lost thousands of dollars in this types of deals.

I would honestly talk with an Attorney before signing an contract for a Lease Purchase!

Good luck and be cautious!!!
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 20, 2014
Josh Barnett answered:
What did you end up negotiating the home down to? Did you end up using an agent?
0 votes 27 answers Share Flag
Tue May 20, 2014
Jerry Rogers answered:
My lender at SWBC mortgage can help you to repair your credit for free contact me if your interested
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 7, 2014
John Reaves answered:

Yes there are. I live in the White Settlement area and know it pretty well. Give me a call so we can discuss your needs.

Thank you,
John Reaves
Fort Worth Texas Real Estate
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 21, 2013
Rick DeVoss answered:
Well, Monique, that is a subjective question, and you will undoubtedly get a lot fo different answers.

I have lived in many different parts of Tarrant County in the last 35 years, and have sold many houses to different families who all have children in school. The parents have different opinions, but much of it depends on the needs of your child. ---And a lot of it depends on where you can afford to live.

For Example: I could tell you that Southlake has the best school system, but most of us can't afford to buy a house in Southlake. ($500,000 to $1 Million or more...) The schools in Colleyville and Grapevine are excellent as well, but again, the price of homes is over the head of the average family with several children.

So that leaves you with three choices in areas where the average price of houses fits into most people's budget. ($100,000 to $300,000) You have the H-E-B ISD if you want to be close to the DFW Airport. This includes the cities of Hurst, Euless, and Bedford. Then you have the Birdville ISD, which covers most of N. Richland Hills, Watauga, Richland Hills, and Haltom City. And finally the Keller ISD, which is more affordable in Northeast Fort Worth than it is in the city of Keller. The Zip Codes there would be 76137 and 76244.

So, the bottom line is, get with an experienced Realtor and consult with him or her about what price range you can afford, and then take a look at the school system's statistics. We have Good Schools in neighborhoods that are less than $100,000, and we have problems in schools where the neighborhood costs over $300,000.

...And you may want to live close to where you work to avoid the ridiculous freeway traffic we have around here.

Contact me driectly if I can be of futher assistance. (I have a nice house for lease in NRH right now, if you are not ready to buy.)

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 17, 2013
Stephen Riella answered:
Rick's answer is spot on. Rent to own almost never works out in the tenants best interest. If you are able to buy then you should speak to an agent who can set you up with a solid lender. They will walk you through the pre-qualification process.

If you need to lease while your credit improves there are a lot of wonderful properties that you can look at. Keep in mind, while Rick states credit is an issue with renting as well, proof of income and a solid rental history are far more important.

If you have any questions I would be happy to walk you through your options. And don't ever pay an agent for their time. Commissions are built in to contracts that are paid on the sellers side 99 percent of the time. Don't get tricked and don't ever work with an agent that you don't feel has your best interest in mind.

Stephen Riella
Keller Williams
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 4, 2013
C Sue Kunkel-johnson answered:
We own 76 beautiful acres in Parker co.Reno/axle Texas. Need to sell for health expenses. Would love to meet you. Possible owner finance. 254-785-2347
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 3, 2013
Bjones7717 asked:
Search Advice