Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Fort Worth : Real Estate Advice

  • All849
  • Local Info117
  • Home Buying256
  • Home Selling35
  • Market Conditions20

Activity 882
Thu Mar 23, 2017
Mary answered:

I have emailed you regarding this concern.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 23, 2017
Francis answered:
I can't even get them on the phone.
Hopeless. You don't even get the courtesy of a human being answering the telephone. You get an answering machine. You have to leave a message and hope somebody calls you back. I have left half a dozen messages, and nobody has called me back. Now this threatens to derail a closing tomorrow.

My take from this is, that in future transactions (I am a landlord with multiple properties) I shall be requesting we AVOID the use of LSI title Agency where possible.
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 15, 2017
Hi Mdstorey83,

You can request a CAIVRS suppression from HUD/FHA since the home was awarded to the ex-wife. You will need to supply a copy of the divorce decree as well as a written request outlining why you qualify for a suppression.

Be forewarned, you are dealing with a government entity so you will likely end up sending the same documents in multiple times. Try not to get too frustrated when it happens and just stay focused on the goal. Generally your suppression request will end getting transferred the HOC (home ownership center) of jurisdiction for the home that had the defaulted loan on it.

I have helped quite a few people with this process.

Take a look at the recommendations from some of my past clients on my Trulia profile by clicking the link below my phone number.

Please feel free to contact me for more information or help.

John Burke
Senior Mortgage Banker
Lending in ALL 50 states
Great Plains National Bank
Apply Online:
NMLS# 787231
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 15, 2017
Susie Kay answered:
Most lenders go to 580, but I'd be happy to connect you with lenders that I typically refer my clients to. Feel free to reach out to me through my profile if you are interested.

Susie ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 13, 2017
Susie Kay answered:
Sat Mar 11, 2017
Susie Kay answered:
That will be tough if you are trying to rent a home owned by an individual landlord. You may want to try apartments.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 6, 2017
Susie Kay answered:
Where's your realtor? You should discuss this with your realtor as she/he knows the details of this transaction. Did buyer back out during the option period?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 6, 2017
Anna asked:
Sun Mar 5, 2017
Susie Kay answered:

Why are you interested in lease to own? Have you talked to a lender and see whether you'd qualify for a loan? I can connect you with local lenders that I typically work with. Feel free to reach out to me if you are interested. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Mar 3, 2017
Joanna asked:
I am looking to sell my father's house in Fort Worth, and many realtors I've spoken with shy away from historic designation. Any pointers?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 20, 2017
Prosper Realty answered:
Try talking to Home Loans For All. I believe someone in our office had a client that did this and used Home Loans For All. I'll include a link to them.

Good luck!
1 vote 11 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 2, 2017
Susie Kay answered:
I'm a local realtor and I'd be happy to assist. As I'm not allowed to post my phone number here, feel free to reach out to me through my profile.

Susie Kay
Ultima Real Estate
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Feb 2, 2017
Susie Kay answered:
Hi Grace,

Pending means that the house is ready to close. Do you have a realtor assisting you?
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 1, 2017
Susie Kay answered:
It looks like your parents bought a home without the help of a realtor. If they bought it from the seller directly it is possible that they were taken advantage of or the blind guiding the blind. I would suggest that they talk to an attorney, bring all the documents and correspondence that they had with the seller of the home. Maybe the attorney can help out after reading all the agreements. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jan 30, 2017
Mvpalmer asked:
Mon Jan 30, 2017
Mvpalmer asked:
Wed Jan 18, 2017
Aaronh125 asked:
My house is listed as for sale with my phone number. It is not for sale. It's already sold. I need it changed and the calls to stop. 3609 Charles St North Richland Hills, TX 76180.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 30, 2016
Mommyhelpus answered:
what I do know...because I am going through it now.
Ex is on the mortgage and deed and he was name (1st) on the mortgage and refuses to sign special warranty refuses to fix errors so my current options:
refinance---not an option for me.
But the loan is assumption-able ==sent decree and record receipt to Mortgage assumption dept,

so check that the divorce decree language, did it award the home as described on survey and does it clearly communicate award of property clear without sharing provisions. if yes clear awarded property then

A> go to the Real property records *County Clerks Office and have the judge signed divorce decree recorded -- . Keep the receipt as proof of filing they will send you your original documents back via US mail. (staple receipt to the decree)

B.>go to the Appraisal District office and request removal of ex spouse per divorce- bring license and judge signed divorce decree and that receipt.

2. call title company and tell them that you want to have title corrected per divorce decree and have your ex - spouse removed.

let them know that you have recorded the decree as well as corrected documents with the Appraisal district office..or Property Tax office and land and survey
Hopefully, your decree protected you because although you were separated, property may still be looked at as community.
Best of hope and favor for peace.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice