Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Fort Wayne : Real Estate Advice

  • All224
  • Local Info21
  • Home Buying69
  • Home Selling15
  • Market Conditions4

Activity 12
Mon Oct 28, 2013
Joe Leksich answered:
You would have to get a variance from the city to put a manufactured home on a city lot. It is a fairly simple process. Just call down to the zoning board and you can sign up to go to the next meeting. Your home would have to be put on a permanent foundation and I do not believe they would allow a singlewide. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 28, 2013
Joe Leksich answered:
I am very versed in foreclosure and the process. After the sheriffs sale, it is final. The sheriffs sale is the last stage of foreclosure. This is how the bank gets the deed to the property. At this point, you are considered a tenant and they will have to evict you. The eviction is about a 30 day process. Some banks will allow you to buy the home back after the sheriffs sale, so you might call them. If a 3rd party purchased the home at the sheriffs sale, they may be willing to work out a deal with you.
There are to many variables for me to give you a very clear answer. If you would like to call or email me, I am happy to go over it with you. I work with many banks and know how they will handle your home and you being in the home. Worst case, you will have 30 days to move. But DON'T do anything until you talk to whomever got the home at the sheriffs sale. A lot of times they will offer you "cash for keys" which is money to help you move.
again, feel free to contact me if you need more answers.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Gerard Carney answered:
Sun Jan 9, 2011
Jenni Hash answered:
You can go to and enter the address for the property. As soon as it hits the market, it will automatically notify you. This is a COMPLETELY FREE automated notification service. No one will call or harrass you. It's just a great way to be notified as soon as a specific home hits the market. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri May 7, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
If your property in question is listed for sale and if you have an agent, he/she can update the information for you--just ask--or you may wish to contact Trulia's customer service directly and inquire-- ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Apr 21, 2010
Dianne Hicks answered:
First.... I am sorry you are loosing your home.

I do not know a single bank that will allow this. They generally make you sign arms length transaction meaning you are not related to the person whom is purchasing the home. I have seen banks refuse to sell if the investor was going to rent back the the original owner which in my opinion is going a bit too far but the banks are not happy campers when it comes to this. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 16, 2010
Peter Bright answered:
If have at least 20 percent down you should be able to work with a local bank or credit union
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Dec 18, 2009
Bob Movin-On answered:
You are at the mercy of whomever took title to the property after the foreclosure, this information can be obtained at the city/town hall in which the property is located. From that information you can contact the current title holder and ask them what their intentions are. Cash for keys is something some lenders offer to foreclosees so they will not destroy the house when they leave, many people that have lost their homes to foreclosure get angry at the lender and destroy the house as they vacate and this is a way for the lender to avoid that. If the lender took title they may want to keep you in the home instead of leaving it vacant so call them. Good Luck Bob ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 14, 2009
Patty answered:
can you stop a sheriff sale if your husband died and you have 2 children 2 and 3 and wife are living there with no place to go
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 13, 2009
Marty G. Shanks asked:
properties in need of Contractor services (trash out, lock changes, lawn care, ect..), does anyone need or know of anybody that would like a professional and timely bid?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 18, 2009
The Hagley Group answered:
your best bet is to speak with an attorney or tax professional about your specific situation
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 16, 2008
Adam Ross answered:
To best protect yourself make sure that you put in the contract that you have the right to have an inspection and finally MAKE SURE YOU DO!
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice