Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

33901 : Real Estate Advice

  • All25
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying13
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 21
Sat Jul 8, 2017
Betsy Hendry answered:
No Maple Ave is not. And I';m sure every crime statistic website would back that up. However, 33901 is incredibly desirable and has the best schools if you can get in them with the weird school choice lottery system we have here. Check off McGregor Blvd. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed May 3, 2017
Jennifer Welch asked:
am I waving my rights to have the seller reimburse me for the inspections if i take him to civil court?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 21, 2016
cbarsa answered:
I had a contract on a condo which the buyer wouldn't extend contract over New Years. The contract ended Dec 29, 2015. I needed a few more days to complete financing.

He had a cash buyer and wants to keep my earnest money. His attorney has been brutal. In the real estate contract you must notify 7 days prior of cancellation. I had no intentions of cancellation because I wanted condo.

I wanted a couple extra days due to Holiday's Christmas etc. Is there any consideration allowed for business days. I found out since that he had done this to prior contract on this condo?
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 15, 2015
Jacquie Yekmalian answered:
Hi Mrsthejenn,

The best way to estimate your property taxes is 2% of your purchase price. This will give you a good "estimate" of where your taxes will be. You should never go by what the current owner taxes are, as their taxes are related to many factors when they purchased. For example, if owners are the original purchasers their taxes could be much lower than someone who purchased recently or during the boom. Why? Because their purchase price was lower compared to todays market. However, if the home was purchase let’s say during the boom/height of the market then taxes may reflect more than someone else in the same community. Add on the other exemptions like homestead, widow, disability, portability, etc., more deductions are put into play.
You can also go to www. for more information.
I hope that helps you.

Jacquie Yekmalian
Lic. Real Estate Broker/owner
Blue to Green Realty, from the sea to the 18th tee
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 13, 2014
Michael Joseph answered:
File a lawsuit against them in small claims court. An attorney would be expensive depending on if you put the standard 1k for escrow but small claims court would cost nothing but filing fees. I would also contact the listing agents broker and if you had an agent representing you as a buyer their broker as well. The agent should be trying to rectifying the situation rather than say she will not speak to them about it. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 10, 2014
Angeline Sackett answered:
Did you put a deposit on the home is the first question I have for you. If so, there is a god possibility that you will not receive any refund of that deposit without a release form. If this is a SHORT SALE that you are attempting to purchase, the bank is not the one that has it on the market.... but the current owners have it up for sale. The bank is the one that has the FINAL SAY of the ultimate sale price - even after the seller signs your short sale offer. Your paperwork, if read carefully, give the bank all the rights to pull out from this sale. They have to clear up that 2nd mortgage or you would own a home with a lien on it which I do not think is what you wish to happen. You may see it go up for a higher dollar amount if that is an amount they need to clear both liens they are now looking at. Also, please check to see if the form you now have says that you are wanting to cancel the contract or if it states that lender is not accepting your offer? Alter the form before signing if it makes you happier, stating that you want the property but only IF the lender will close at the amount you are willing to pay as stated on your original purchase offer.
Either way, you need to consult with legal council in the area you are attempting to purchase and they will advise you what is in your best interest. The longer you wait, the higher not only this home will be but others in the area you are looking. Most of the country is now on a swing upwards... if only ever so slight. Good luck to you in finding a home that is fee of any liens. suitable to you and your family and at a price you can afford.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 2, 2013
Marsha Umansky answered:
If you are looking at listings on a website other than MLS and , please, understand that realtors DO NOT input their listings into all those various website, so the mislabeling can be the result of a faulty IDX mechanism. I am not saying realtors do not make mistakes like everybody else, but it does not happen that often. My guess is it is more of a computer programming issue. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue May 7, 2013
Jason Lipsher answered:
I would be happy to help you with any of your real estate needs.

Jason Lipsher
(239) 850-0466
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun May 5, 2013
Pam Wittenauer answered:
Please call me and I can refer you to someone in that area.

Kindest Regards
Pam Wittenauer
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 11, 2012
Justin Ruzicka answered:
yes, you can. Infact great agent suggest this. that way there are no open contingencies on the buyers side of transaction when Short Sale Approval comes from lender. Here are some good articles on short sales. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Shelley Hughes-Spradling answered:
You will need to get quiet title and could take 2-4 months. Call if you have any other questions.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 5, 2012
Shelley Hughes-Spradling answered:
I would be happy to help you. I am the owner /Broker and 90% of my brokerage firm is Property Management. I have 12 years of experiance. I also travel the country training others how to do the same. I have a list of qualified tenants just waiting for thier new home. I can have your property on the mls today and rented within 30 days. I am good at what I do and I love it.I will look forward to speaking withyou. 239-234-0277 or ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 19, 2011
Megan Eister answered:
No one can force a Buyer to sign Closing Documents. There is no such thing as "for sure", until you get the deed signed and your closing proceeds in the bank. A Buyer may forfeit their deposit if they do not perform according to the contract. There are plenty of variables. The last variable in the contract is the Title Committment. Usually, the Buyer needs to have been sent the committment and had a chance to review it, before the closing. This is one of the variables that gets overlooked frequently. I hope you sold your home by now! ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 6, 2010
Alma Kee answered:
Some lender sets their minimum bid below their final judgement amount. You can subscribe to a service that may provide this info.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Sep 25, 2010
Alma Kee answered:
You may be able to pay below market rent if you're willing to move within 30 days on a short sale house.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 21, 2010
Pam Wittenauer answered:
I have spent the last 2 years with short sale properties of my own. I can help you and I have a team ready to assist also. Call me at 239-989-7077. I will let you know of my experiences. I am so happy I used this process.

Pam Wittenauer
Exit Platinum Realty
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 28, 2010
Erik Elsea answered:
You definitely need to hire an attorney for this and quick. I would highly recommend Charles Jones here in Lee County. He can be reached at 239-542-9136. Best of luck.

Erik Elsea
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 13, 2009
Diane Wheatley answered:
If you are certain and determined to purchase this particular home then I would highly suggest hiring an attorney to sort out the details for you. However, I can tell you that the seller has taken great leaps to save their home from foreclosure. If their home cannot be saved from an inevitable foreclosure through various court actions they are willing to take then at the very least they stand a good change of retaining their home for an extended period of time while the lender and the legal system hash it all out.

Be sure to hire an attorney that is well informed with foreclosure law in your state. Not an easy task but feasible. They will be able to give you a timeline on how many months you will be on the hook.

My suggestion would be to keep looking at other homes. Maybe you'll find one that is just as nice if not better and will save you from turning prematurely grey with unnecessary stress.

Good luck! I'm sorry you have to deal with a situation that prevents you from purchasing the home you really had your eyes on, and money!!

Diane Wheatley, Broker
(909) 981-5589
... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 8, 2008
Nancy Doyle answered:
Hi Jennifer,
I would think you could call the local board and double check on how many short sales an agent has actually closed. The number is 239-936-3537.
Goos Luck,
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice