Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Forsyth : Real Estate Advice

  • All31
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 19
Fri Jun 26, 2015
Jeri Patrick answered:
Only real licensed real estate agents can post listings on Trulia. Best of luck
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 1, 2014
Cole Jay asked:
Tue May 27, 2014
Jill Murty answered:
Under you name on your profile page, click on 'listings'. When you see the listing you'd like to delete, click on 'edit listing' for the drop down menu and then click 'delete'.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun May 18, 2014
aftervince1973 answered:
Don't let a bankruptcy stop you from buying a new home. See Comstock if you have a buyer in need. They have a flexible credit loan. This program assists homeowners who have recently been through a foreclosure, short sale or have recently emerged from bankruptcy.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 16, 2014
Latasha Burrison asked:
This question was asked from
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 31, 2013
Tony Garcia answered:
660 is an acceptable credit score for conventional financing. Credit score is just one piece of being eligible for financing. My suggestion is making a formal loan application, so your credit, employment history, income and assets can be reviewed. I would be happy to help you with this process, email me if interested in discussing in more detail.

Tony Garcia
Sr. Mortgage Banker
Flagstar Bank

(O) 704-594-8549
(C) 571-246-4373
(F) 888-508-8464
NMLS# 224036
3420 Toringdon Way #210
Charlotte NC 28277
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 30, 2013
Laquita Baez answered:
Hi Lorie, what rental budget are you working with?

Laquita Baez
Licensed Realtor in GA/NJ
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Metrobrokers
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jul 12, 2013
Tanya Ess-Young answered:
If you can get a copy from the public records, take it (as well as the correct information you have) and contact your county court clerk. If they can not directly update the information they should be able to direct your to the correct department in order to get it change. Hope this helps and best of luck. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Oct 10, 2012
joe cerros answered:
Send them to Alfa Investments and Loans they have FHA Streamline using credit rating only. NO appraisal, no income.

You can reach them at 714 -698-9758
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 8, 2012
This may be doable. You'll have to use Wells Fargo as they'll do mobile home refinances. This will be a cash out refianance.
Maximum mortgage payment: Limited to 45% of your gross incomes, combined. SSI will be grossed up 125%. So, if he makes $1000, he'll be given credit for $1250.
Mortgage program. Most likely FHA due to the unknown, or limitef credit. They'll probably require a 640 score. You'll be able to borrow up to 85% of the home's value not to exceed your monthly mortgage payment limit.
Credit: you'll need to have at least 3 lines of credit and each needs to be 1 year old each: credit cards, car payment, monthly checks paid to family members etc can be used as credit.
You mentioned one and paying on others. If those others ate collections, then you may not qualify. If they are credit cards that you are now paying current and have been within the last 12 months, then you should be okay.
If they are in collection status, you'll need to either: Have them removed (costa about $600 and takes no less than 90 days) or pay them in full ONLY if they agree to remove them from the bureau OR keep paying on it until paid off, wait one year after and then refinance. If you go with either one of these scenarios (if these are collections), you need to open 2 more lines of credit (secured or unsecured) and wait 90 days before pulling credit. Let me know if you have other questions.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 3, 2012
Hank Miller answered:
I would suggest that the best thing to do is see which school district is the best fit for you. If you have kids, it's not always about test scores. Obviously they're are a component to home values but there is a difference between buying for that and buying to send the kids to school.

This is a bit of an open ended question, if you want to drop me a line with more details a better answer might be given.

... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Aug 14, 2012
Melissa Stephens Rebekah Stephens answered:
Hi Elizabeth,

Most big time lenders will not do loans for 20k, but you may be able to get a loan for that amount from a local bank or credit union. I have a credit union doing one right now for 35k. Have you tried your local banks? Are you a member of any credit union? I can try to help. Give me a call or email. Thanks & good luck! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Aug 14, 2012
Hi Elizabeth,

Try a no money down USDA Direct mortgage.

231 HIGHWAY 41 N
BARNESVILLE, GA 30204-3235
(770) 358-0787
(770) 358-6788 Fax
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 22, 2012
Gregorio Denny answered:
I read your response again and I think I understand now. The house you own is vacant while you are living with your mother to help care for her, correct? If so, that is still your primary residence and you can refinance it as such. Call the referral I gave you, he's one of the best there is and can surely assist you. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 12, 2011
Emily Erekuff answered:
Hi Elaine,

What criteria are you using to search for homes? If it is very specific it is possible that we don't have listings on our site that meet it, so you may want to try a broader search. However if you can let us know the specifics you are using, we can try to help you. Feel free to post those in an answer here, or to contact our Customer Service team directly via the link below.

Best Wishes,

Emily Erekuff
Community Moderator
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 15, 2011
Raymond Tubb answered:
First, you should be able to clear your credit up for free. Be very careful with services that charge to repair your credit. There are some reputable ones out there, but there are many who aren't. In most cases a lender can give you a blue-print to clear up your credit and if you follow it, you'll bring your score up. It can take 12-24 months, but it's worth it. You'll greatly increase your chances of getting a loan, and the better your credit score, the better your interest rate will be on anything your purchase (homes, cars, whatever). It can even save you money on your home and auto insurance premiums.
You need to try to get the score up to 640. There are some lenders that claim they go way down into the 500's, but usually they list a bunch of exceptions (like no late rental or car payments for the past 24 months, etc). Normally, if you didn't have at least one of those exceptions, your score wouldn't be as low as it is.
If the bulk of your credit issues are medical, you may be surprised at how easy it is to get your credit score up to a good level once again. Like I said, the best thing is to meet with a lender or even a non-proffit charity like Consumer Credit Counseling which is located in Macon. You should be able to create a plan to follow and help you get your credit score back up again, and do it without having to pay someone for the advice.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 16, 2009
Hank Miller answered:
Survey's aren't matters of public record so you'd have to ask the agent or lender if they have one, most REO's wont. Josh makes valid points; you might be able to use the plat and get an idea of things. I however usually recommend my buyers get a survey if we don't obtain one through the negotiations (I always ask for a recent one). At the end of the day I consider that money well spent.

Hank Miller, SRA, ABR
Associate Broker & Certified Appraiser
Prudential GA Realty
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 9, 2009
Andrew Herren answered:
Have you looked at the property to if the pins have been identified or the lines flagged? I have gotten surveyors to just identify the pins and not do a full survey,this is often quicker and cheaper. If the property is listed you can ask the agent what documents they have on file. Check with the courthouse as well. They generally wont look it up for you with a phone call, you have to go yourself. The legal description of the property should have Plat and deed book. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice
Forsyth Zip Codes