Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Forest Hill : Real Estate Advice

  • All9
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 8
Sun Jun 1, 2014
Dan Tabit answered:
Sorry for the non-responsive Spam.
You didn't indicate an address, so we can't answer very specifically. What I can suggest is that you get a local agent to investigate for you. If the home is a listed property, they can set up a showing or even preview it for you. If the property isn't listed, there's no telling when it might be, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Find another home you like as well or better. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Nov 28, 2013
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
Since you said you had to sign the contract in order to see the house due to a tenant occupying the home, did you make the contract subject to a home inspection? Are you using an attorney? I would think that, under the circumstances, this would be grounds to cancel, but you really need an attorney's advice. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 13, 2013
Lady Theresa Thombs answered:
Speak to a lawyer or have a title county research and bond the title so any closing will go smooth .
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 6, 2013
Tommy Burris answered:
Underwriting guidelines allow you to cash out money from the 401K for down payment.
I don't recommend this.
Another option is to take out a loan from the 401K.... And even though you are paying it back.... It does NOT count as a payment against your debt to income ratios!!

I do these all of the time.

Tom Burris
Mortgage Banker
(214) 763-4629 cell/text/nights/weekends(Really!!)
Lending all across the entire Great State of Texas!!
NMLS# 335055
Search Dallas area MLS for FREE. No registration =>
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 29, 2012
Rob Weber answered:
Since we don't know if your credit is sufficient to get a loan at all, it's hard to guide you.

I just typed a book to another question similar to yours, feel free to read it, perhaps the answer you're seeking will be there.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 20, 2011
DeAnna Morgan answered:
Elliott below is correct. In order to use your income for qualifying then you would have to meet the same credit requirements of the borrower on the loan. You can however gift money for help with the down payment and closing costs.

If you would like to talk with someone local please don't hesitate to give me a call. I am just south of Forth Worth, in Burleson. I hope to hear from you soon!

DeAnna Morgan
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 3, 2010
Louise answered:
I thought I had your answer but you would have to give up 702 ft in my long single. But Susan think Everman 76140, Crowley 76036 or Burleson 76028 amenities from equal distance Cleburne and Fort Worth and with the slight taste of the rural small town living. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 16, 2007
Bruce Lynn answered:
You can look it up on
Could depend on where the home is. There are a variety of taxes sometimes depending on the county, the school district, the neighborhood, etc. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice
Forest Hill Zip Codes