why can I find foreclosure information (actual addresses) without having to sign up for a paid service?

Asked by Jb62, 32832 Thu Oct 8, 2009

Answers

10
John Bennett, Agent, Orlando, FL
Thu Oct 8, 2009
Call a Realtor! they can get what ever you need - its what they do for a living.
Mark LeMenag…, Agent, Lake Nona Orlando, FL
Sun Apr 25, 2010
Kudos to John for yet another direct answer. Realtors do this for a living and would be happy to help you out without you having to give your credit card details.

Mark LeMenager
Find your next foreclosure with the click of a mouse.
Search the MLS without obligation or registration from my website.
Carolina Alf…, Agent, Celebration, FL
Sat Apr 24, 2010
Hello Mr. Buyer
You can get a list of all foreclosed homes by going to my web page http://www.nonaforsale.com, This service is free and no obligations.
We specialize in Lake Nona Area, and our office is located there in the publix shopping center of Narcoosee with Moss Park Rd.
You can also Visit us. Ask for me or for Gabriela.
Condo Metrop…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Thu Oct 8, 2009
Well looks like you have lot of complex answers to a very easy query. Your Realtor can assist you with this. If you dont' have one, get one. It's that simple! They can look them up for you and mail them directly to your in box at no charge. If you're interested in Orlando condo foreclosures you can even search for them yourself using our site at: http://www.condometropolis.com - if you prefer single family homes try : orlandorealestatepros.com
Marcus Burke,
Broker/Realtor
407-290-3408.
Suzanne Ogden, Agent, Longwood, FL
Thu Oct 8, 2009
Jb62,

I have noted that the Zip Code 32832 below your ID is in the SE area of Orlando, is that the area in which you are interested? Seems like you are getting responses to you question from all over the country which may not apply to the Orlando, Florida area.

If you are searching for REO/Bank Owned foreclosures or Pre-Foreclosures/Short Sales, any local Realtor that is a member of the MLS can provide you with up to date information including addresses on these properties and you should not have to sign up for any paid service.

Keep in mind that the bank owned foreclosures usually go quickly once they hit the market, and many times there are multiple offers and the "cash" buyers quite often come out as the selected bidder. To get into the game you must be prepared to provide evidence of funds to close whether it is cash or financing (lender pre-approval letter) at the time you make your offer.

It is to your advantage to establish a working relationship with a local Realtor who can help you through this home buying process.

Please contact me if I can be of service.

Thank you for your question on Trulia.

Suzanne Ogden, Realtor
Charles Rutenberg Realty
(407) 234-1098
sogden2@cfl.rr.com
Web Reference:  http://www.suzanneogden.com
Wendy Smith, Agent, Crystal Beach, FL
Thu Oct 8, 2009
All the information you need can be found in the public records, including the foreclosure information. Just call the court house local to the subject property and you will be directed to the right department. Many Florida counties have this information on-line - go to your county website. First locate the owner's name via the property appraisor's database, then search the civil suits filed against that person. Most counties provide the information at no charge. The docket will provide a chronological listing of the Lis Pendens, any motions, ansers, etc. in the foreclosure process.

Hope this helps!

http://www.WendySmithRealEstate.com
Gay Middleton, , Orlando, FL
Thu Oct 8, 2009
JB

Ask a Realtor for help on this. Any Realtor can typically access this info for you and make arrangements to show you the property if it is for sale. I can set up auto emails for homes that come on the market within hours of them hitting our MLS system.

Let me know if I can help.

Gay Middleton
Realtor*Moving You in the Right Direction
407.493.3699
gaymiddleton@cfl.rr.com
Web Reference:  http://www.gaymiddleton.com
Denise Sinn, Agent, Franklin, IN
Thu Oct 8, 2009
A lot of the services that are payment required are basically giving you preforeclosure lists. These are the homes that have been publically recognized as headed to sheriff's sale ( published in your local newspaper generally) about 3 to 4 months prior to the sheriff's sale. If you are interested in buying homes that are already foreclosed on and in the hands of the banks, any Realtor can set up a search for you for bank owned properties. In my area this can be an automated email search that comes to you as quickly as a new listing hits the market. There is no charge for this service; as a Realtor I work to give you the information as a working relationship, so that if you see some that are of interest to you; you will have me write the offers on your behalf; and I then get paid at the closing table.

Denise Sinn
Broker
1644 Fry Rd Suite A
Greenwood IN 46142
317-847-8550
Rob Rathbun, Agent, Greenwood Village, CO
Thu Oct 8, 2009
Jb62,
When a Mortgage Servicer files a Notice of Election and Demand (NED) it is listed with the County Treasurer or Assessor (at least in Colorado). This is part of the process they have to go through to notify the Homeowner/Borrower that their home is starting the Foreclosure process and it must be listed publicly. It's just a check and balance that is in place so the bank can't really just show up and kick a homeowner out of their home (contrary to popular media coverage).

Typically the NED is filed after 3 missed payments, but I've heard of quite a few banks (Countrywide/BofA) that have let borrowers go several months without making payments before filing the NED.

Once the NED is filed, the clock starts for the Redemption or Cure period which allows the homeowner/borrower to either Pay & Stay, or Sell & Go. Those typically are the two options for a homeowner once they have hit the NED. Nowadays the third option is a Loan Modification and that often times will drag out the NED being filed.

I get a good list of NED filings from my Title Company and it's in an excel format with addresses, loan amounts, banks, etc. Very nice.

Hope that helps,

Rob Rathbun
Coldwell Banker
Denver, CO
Elizabeth He…, Agent, Agawam, MA
Thu Oct 8, 2009
Usually the listing will feature a town and state. What some people that I know do is they either 1) check the online records for foreclosures in the Registry of Deeds (it IS public information after all) for that County/Town or 2) check with the mortgage companies as they usually have an REO website and/or hotline that lists their foreclosures.

But if you're buying a foreclosure PLEASE have a lawyer or Realtor assist you as you will definitely need somebody in your corner to protect your best interests.