who can help me purchase a property when it is in preforeclosure or nod?

Asked by tbaumgartner66, Culver City, CA Mon Nov 28, 2011

Answers

10
Heather Paul, Agent, Santa Monica, CA
Mon Dec 26, 2011
Any licensed Realtor should be able to, but I would ask the potential Realtor you are thinking of working with if they have ever closed a short sale, pre-foreclosure sale or sale with an NOD. Call me anytime if you have questions.

Have a great day,
Heather Paul, Realtor
Coldwell Banker
310-586-0364
Joshua Rabin…, , Los Angeles County, CA
Fri Dec 23, 2011
You can check out my website for an up to date comprehensive foreclosure search. Best, Joshua Rabinovitz.
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Fri Dec 23, 2011
Dear tbaumgartner,
Any Realtor who works in the area should be able to assist you in purchase of a foreclosure property. There are some requirements when buying directly from a bank that you will need to adhere to.I recommend you contact some of the agents here on Trulia that work Culver City area!
Amanda Contr…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Tue Nov 29, 2011
If the home is currently listed for sale any Realtor who works in and knows the area can certainly help you but it would be wise to use a Realtor with knowledge in dealing with these type of properties. I specialize on the Westside and have extensive knowledge when it comes to puchasing a REO or a Short Sale property. Call me so I can share with you what to expect during the process.

Amanda Contreras
Realtor, SFR
310.694.4819, thecontrerasgroup@gmail.com
DRE#01739095
Emily Knell, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Tue Nov 29, 2011
The property on Green Valley Cir. is now bank owned, it's not a pre-foreclosure or NOD.

When the bank does bring it back on the market it will probably sell in the neighborhood of $250-270K depending on condition or if the bank decides to put in new carpeting & maybe do some painting.

Not all short sales or pre-foreclosures are good to go after, it takes a trained eye to see which ones are worth going after & which ones could take forever to close. Not all Realtors, even if they just took a class on how to do short sales really KNOW how to close them successfully.

Some short sales can take 8mos to close, the banks are bogged down, understaffed, undertrained & an all around PITA to deal with.

There are great short sale & bank owned deals for you all over Culver City. These condos on Green Valley were selling as high as $477,000 at one point, for the 1347sqft model, which is the one you're inquiring about.

Shoot me an email directly, I don't look back on this same Trulia thread for answers posted after mine.

EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Main Street Realtors
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Tue Nov 29, 2011
Most often if a house in in the foreclsoure process but not yet foreclosed on, it is near impossible to buy as the home owner usually owes mor ethan the house is worth. if teh house is listed for sale, you have a chance as teh seller is willing to sell, if not, the seller will not be too happy to help someone buy the house they are losing and they walk away with nothing. In this case you have to wait until teh foreclsoure is complete and the bank takes the house back.
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Shel-lee Dav…, Agent, Rolling Hills Estates, CA
Tue Nov 29, 2011
Any licensed real estate agent can help you. The question is, do they have the systems in place to properly identify and pursue the leads? Remember, not all owners of properties in preforeclosure are considering a sale. Many believe that they should do a loan modification or just let the property go to foreclosure.

You need to work with a Real Estate Consultant who is experienced in dealing with distressed home owners and can properly (and ethically) help them understand the impact of their various options while in preforeclosure, including the possibility of selling the property. I have helped many go through this process. Selling their home is not always the right decision, although it often is their best decision. You don't want to work with someone who will use scare tactics on the seller, because you open yourself up to a lawsuit down the road.

Let me know if you have any further questions or if I can help in any way. Dare to Dream.

Shel-lee Davis, QSC®
Certified Distressed Property Expert – CDPE®
Short Sale & Foreclosure Resource – SFR®
Certified HAFA Specialist – CHS®
SSG Pro®
Your Real Estate Consultant for Life
RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty
424-2HELP12 (424-243-5712)
myrealestateanswers@gmail.com
http://shel-lee.listingbook.com
DJ Bonner, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Mon Nov 28, 2011
As a certified short sale specialist, I have knowledge and experience with preforeclosure/nod properties. I just need a bit more info from you.
Please email/call me at your earliest convenience.
Best regards
DJ Bonner
562-572-4203
djbonner@KW.com
Joshua Rabin…, , Los Angeles County, CA
Mon Nov 28, 2011
Hello homebuyer,
I would be happy to help you out. Just give some more info on what you are exactly looking for. I have access to many of these properties. Best, Joshua Rabinovitz.
Jolanta Jonu…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Mon Nov 28, 2011
Hello
I am specializing in those types of properties.
Contact me
Call me: 323-316-3300
or email me: realtorjolanta@gmail.com

Jolanta Jonutyte
Century 21