where can I find a list of govenment tax forclosures in ohio?

Asked by Laura, Ohio Sun Dec 16, 2007

Answers

5
Don Bush Team, , Columbus, OH
Sat Dec 22, 2007
Good answers here. A comment: Ohio appears to be a great investment now: 1. Stability, 2. Leverage, 3. High Cap rates. Go for it! (However, my investors have not had luck in that particullar market in the past year.)
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Tue Dec 18, 2007
Hi Laura,

Trulia has this information. Just access the link below to view foreclosures in Broadview Heights.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Customer Service Representative
John Youker,…, , Beavercreek, OH
Sun Dec 16, 2007
Many people think this is the "best" way to make money in real estate due to many late night info-mercials, however, it is a long process. Dont just limit yourself to tax sales looking for a deal. Look at short sales, bank foreclosure, sheriff's auctions, and REO properties as well. find an agent that is good at working with investors and can help you find deals and bring deals to you. I have a handful of investors that I work with and I bring deals to them and they are making a lot of money investing in real estate, but they do not just look at one avenue. Ohio is not and never will be a "get rich quick in real estate." It can be very lucrative, but will never be a lottery jackpot in a short time. If you are in it for the long haul, it can be great!
You may want to look at http://www.RealtyTrac.com and see how it is for Cuyahoga County. It is pretty good for Montgomery county, so check it out, it is a small monthly fee.
Mary Starkey, , Dayton, OH
Sun Dec 16, 2007
If you are talking about homes that are foreclosed because of a tax lien, then you will find them through your county auditor, Warren county Ohio will have them listed for Sheriff sale on the Sheriff's website. It is a law in Ohio that the homes will have to be put up for sale to the public.
Web Reference:  http://www.marystarkey.com
Ian A. Wolf, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Sun Dec 16, 2007
Your local tax collector will be the source. If you call and ask they may be able to send you a list or give you a copy if you go to the office. You could also try writing and requesting it from other tax collectors in the municipalities where you wish to purchase. Ohio is a tax deed state, so there is usually a sale for the lien first before a foreclosure takes place. You can invest in the deeds, and then foreclose if they aren't paid back in a certain time frame(check you local laws for guidelines). Or sometimes, you can purchase unbought liens from the municipality and then you can foreclose more quickly.