what type of document can a trustee provide in order to proceed with a short sale after bkrpcy?

Asked by Leesa Fallon, Tampa, FL Fri Nov 11, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Nancy Celis’ answer
Nancy Celis, Agent, West Covina, CA
Tue Apr 3, 2012
What you will need is the discharge for the bankruptcy. Title may show there was a bankruptcy filed and if you want to avoid an issues with title, provide the discharge - the bankruptcy court sends you this form once they discharge. If you haven't received it, call the court.
0 votes
Emily Knell, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Fri Nov 11, 2011
The "trustee" doesn't need to provide any document to proceed with a short sale after bankruptcy.

Only the escrow office & the lien holder of the short selling bank would want to see a copy of the discharge papers from the BK attorney in order to close.

You CAN get started marketing & processing a short sale even before the BK is discharged.

562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Main Street Realtors
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more