what is the redemption period for a home in florida?

Asked by Jay, Orlando, FL Fri Feb 1, 2008

Answers

4
Johnnybravo3…, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Tue Mar 21, 2017
I purchased a property in Florida at a foreclosure auction and the 10 day redemption period has ended and the deed has been issued in my name. However, now I see the foreclosure auction was for the company holding the second mortgage. The first mortgage shows an assignment back about 4 months ago. What are the rights of the first mortgage with the property? Can they name me in a foreclosure on the first mortgage now?
The 1st will come and foreclose on you and take the property away; you will be out all of the money you spent at auction. This is why you retain attorneys and do your research and title search.
Flag Wed Mar 22, 2017
bertemkay, Home Buyer, Lehigh Acres, FL
Thu Jan 17, 2013
If my home was foreclosed on in Sept 2009 and sold at auction on 8-31-2009 do I have a right of redemption in Florida? If so, how long?
Joel, Both Buyer And Seller, Florida
Fri Feb 1, 2008
Florida is a Judicial State ... everything ends once a property has been sold at a foreclosure sale... we dont have a right of redemption period here in Florida ... but there is 10 days after a succesful auction sales till the clerk transfer the ownership to the winning bidder for any dispute that may arise .. after the certificate of sale is issued there is no more time left for the previous owner .
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Fri Feb 1, 2008
The right of redemption allows the borrower to prevent a foreclosure sale by paying the entire balance due to the lender. This is true whether the right is not included or is prohibited in a mortgage. Because a sale of property at foreclosure is final, the equity of redemption ends at the time of the sale.

The "Eckler Team"
Century 21 Almar & Assoc.
Venice, Fl 34285

941-408-5363