what is avg rental in west end, atlanta for 3br/2bth?

Asked by Vikash, West End, Atlanta, GA Mon Nov 12, 2007

Answers

2
Lee Taylor, Agent, Decatur, GA
Wed Dec 12, 2007
Eric is right, and I'll add that the West End is a street by street neighborhood for sure. Just this year, at the dead end on Westmont, I saw a recently built single family home, abandoned with broken windows and sporting a "Campanella Park Piru Bloods" tag spray painted in red on the side of the house. Condition and location with immediate neighbors is crucial. Just across the MARTA line, in Adair Park, we are looking at one of the top 5 neighborhoods in the country for foreclosures. Supply exceeds demand for rentals and sales, by probably at least 10 to 1.

Altogether, value priced rentals will attract a good solid tenant who will secure a stream of income for you for years to come. I have a client who rented a decent 3/2 in the West End on a decent street for $800 a month. Certainly, it's an attractive location for Morehouse Med School students and others who seek a nice place to live near the CAUC.

Eric Mabo, , Atlanta, GA
Wed Dec 5, 2007
It depends on the condition of the property. There are houses out there now in the Westend area selling for about $50-60K. You can rent them out for $600-1000K. It very much depends on the street where the property is located. When you look at investing in some intown neighborhoods, you really have to look at the individual streets really carefully. There can be huge price differences within a 0.5 mile radius
Web Reference:  http://www.doyenrealty.com