were do i find how much is owed on mortgage owned by a hoa

Asked by Ramonlara, 33186 Sun May 20, 2012

Answers

8
Irina Karan, Agent, Aventura, FL
Tue Aug 7, 2012
If you are an owner of this association, you can formally request this info using freedom of the information act.

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
Teresa Quind…, , Miami, FL
Mon May 21, 2012
go to county court house. If you are in Miami dade them you go to MIAMI DADE COUNTY CLERK OF COURTS. PROPERTY SEARCH and will give you information. If the property is under the last owners name them research his name . Last name , first name and will provide you with information as to who owns the first lien. Are you in the market to buy a home? If so is this going to be a cash deal? THERE IS NO FINANCING with some of these properties. Investors with lots of
cash in their pocket are buying all these homes. GOOD LUCK AND HOPE I WAS ABLE TO HELP.

TERESA L. QUINDEMIL
FLORIDA REALTY OF MIAMI
LIC# 0654172
305-244-1991
Nereida Figu…, Agent, Miami, FL
Mon May 21, 2012
Ramon Laray, every situation with properties in foreclosure are different. If the case is that the association took the property because association balances, them property is going to be sale thru a listing in a comparables around the property area. If you know the property address, please send me information to nfigueroa3199@hotmail.com. I'll be looking at the public records and the status in the case at court. More information is need, sorry.
Steven Epste…, Agent, Coral Gables, FL
Sun May 20, 2012
You can only find out in Public Records what the original mortgage amoount was borrowed by knowing the exact, legal name of the HOA then searching the County Recorders Office Public Records where the mortgage was recorded. To get the current balance you will need to have written authorization from the HOA Board President to obtain such private info and you'll need their loan number, lenders name, address, phone, fax & the HOAs EIN or Tax ID number that was used to secure the mortgage. IF your are attempting to purchase a unit owned by the HOA and are concerned about how much might be owed on the property, then your contract with them & the title company you're using to close will be able to ascertain this for you once in contract. The mortgage, if any, and any other liens would have to be paid off at closing before you could close & get clear title. Trust this helps and I'm not sure why you want this as this amount will have no relevance on the property value you understand. If you need further help please contact me in normal busiiness hours in the week,
Darrell D. D…, Agent, Schertz, TX
Sun May 20, 2012
I was recently privy to a home transaction in which the HOA owned the home via foreclosure through a sheriff's deed, but there was still a primary mortgage in place from the initial purchase. In this case, the HOA not only did not know the current payoff from the original loan, but the original note was going into foreclosure status also. There may be a lot more to your situation than meets the eye on the surface details. Dig deeper...
Antonio Vega…, Agent, Saint Cloud, FL
Sun May 20, 2012
Your question creates the assumtion the property was foreclosed byt the HOA and now they own it. In that case, they would be looking to sell it and will be glad to give you the pricing information. Unless it is being advertized as a short-sale it really makes no difference how much the mortgage owes....the desiding factor will be how much the bank will accept.

Tony Vega
Charles Rutenberg Realty
Michael DeFi…, Agent, Miami Beach, FL
Sun May 20, 2012
I'm assuming you mean a condo that is owned by the association. They don't 'own' the mortgage but probably own the property because of unpaid condo fees....sorry your English is difficult to understand so please clarify.
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Sun May 20, 2012
Not sure why a HOA would have a mortgage but I would assume if you asked the HOA they could tell you, not sure they will but they could.