unfortunately i have just been informed my home has been sold. According to the foreclosure attorneys the

Asked by Julio, Miami, FL Mon Jul 21, 2008

property was bought by the same bank who held the loan for $100.00. Being a realtor for and loan officer for 3 yrs, I am in shock because the home where my family lives, my kids, my brother who is disabled and requires a liver transplant has been taken away from my hands. No matter how much i tried to work out a plan with the lender, they always refused and just gave me a cold no, no, no ....theres nothing we can do just sell your house. Now, that the roof of my family has been taken away from me my biggest fear awaits me. What is the legal time-frame i have to stay the property? is there any legal help i can receive? having a family of 2 kids and an ill brother and basically a single parent. I cannot just be kicked out of the property from one day to another.

Answers

4
John Marc, Home Buyer, San Francisco, CA
Fri Aug 1, 2008
I know of a similar situation in North Miami. He was given $500 to move out by the lender's realtor (lender took possession at foreclosure). He spoke to a lawyer and the lawyer didn't have much advice due to the "writ of possession" - meaning in this case the lender took possession of the property and therefore the tenant didn't have an agreement with the new owner - the lender. I was surprised because this person also had serious health conditions at 71. The best thing I can say after the experience which still exists is to get in touch with the lender. Hopefully, they can at least be humane and give you a sense of when they might have the sheriff go to the property. I wish you much luck. Be proactive.
Nancy, , Los Angeles County, CA
Thu Mar 25, 2010
Julio, your speaking my language! After a year of an emotional rollercoaster of trying to work with the bank, going to seminars & conferences; these ppl did not budge. On March 12, our house was SOLD. Not sure to whom. Does anyone know how much time i have left??? Is there a n0# I can call?

I have a family and my husband is the only one who is providing.

HELP????? :(
Laura Graves, Agent, Miami, FL
Sat Aug 2, 2008
Ok. I don't know that I would say, relax. Florida is a redemption state. That means you have 10 days from the sale date to contest the sale. If you have been trying to negotiate with the lender for quite some time and you have a record of that you need to bring this to the Judge/Court when you go to contest this.Do you have an Attorney? If you don't, you need to hire one. You do need to act on this no though. Good luck and I am very sorry to hear about your misfortune.
., , Los Angeles, CA
Fri Aug 1, 2008
Yes, relax. Your fine, (without knowing anything else) at this point in time. You will be asked to vacate and should receive an unlawful detainer soon. Look for a 3 day notice to quit prior to this. Upon service of the 30 day UD you need to file a response. Only 5 days and include weekend in the count. The response should include anything wrongful or deceptive on the part of the lenders. Chances? Huge!

Nearly every loan in America has suffered and is impaired due to lender rush to close and volume at any price management styles. Now if and when you spot a problem with the loan (compliance, appraisal, and settlement) you have a claim. We do these audits under supervision of counsel at no cost to you.

Judge will want to hear your arguments in a court proceeding within typically 2 weeks. In California it is actually a trial so be prepared to ask to have the case missed and loan thrown out forever. He should stay the motion to vacate the UD and set aside the foreclosures. Case could continue for months and years. Stop Lender Abuses -See now for yourself folks. lenders prey on teh weak and emotional. But they get real nice again when you come back informed.. http://www.borrowerhotline.com