Mae, Home Buyer in Auburn, WA

there is a home tha my husband is really interested in but I'm really skeptical about the property, previous

Asked by Mae, Auburn, WA Mon Jan 28, 2008

owner, value. It;s been sold 3 times and I wonder...Can I find out the previous owners and other info on the home and property on 1614 South 220th Street Des Moines, WA 98198 ?

Answers

4
Dennis Brown, , Des Moines, IA
Tue Jan 29, 2008
Hi Mae, I have some information for you on this property. I am an Agent with Windermere Real Estate and I live near this property. I am very familiar with the neighborhood. This property has gone through several title changes since 2005, but not necessarily actual sales. The information you have access to (i.e.Tax Records, Zillow, etc) doesn't tell you very much and may be a little incomplete or misleading. There was a "Quit Claim" in May of 2005, another Quit Claim 2 weeks later, (possibly an owner quit-claiming a spose or someone else on and off of the title. The reason is unclear. Then an actual Sale in August of 2006. This property is currently an "REO" property (meaning Real Estate Owned or in other words a bank-owned reposession) The new owner bought it in August of 2006 for $505,000, most likely way over-paid for it, maybe a FSBO?, people often over-pay for those) He listed it for sale in June of 2007 for $505,000, the same price he paid. The home did not sell. That listing was Cancelled in July of 2007.The property went into foreclosure and was Listed July 17, 2007 for $$429,900. The home still did not sell. That listing Expired in Oct 2007 after being reduced to $409,000. It was Re-Listed with the same agent on Oct 23rd at $409,000 again. It is currently Listed at $376,500 and may actually be a very good buy, but is just "Market-worn". If you would like me to do a complete Market Analysis on the property and show you and your Husband the inside of the home, I'd be happy to point out the good and bad features of the property and help you assess it's actual Market Value. You may not know that you do not pay a commission to a Buyers Agent. In the listing agreement the owner (the bank in this case) has agreed to pay my commission. I'd be happy to help you with this or any other property in this area. Please call me at 206-686-3188. If you'd like to see more information about me and my business partner (who is also a Washington State Real Estate Commissioner) please visit our website at MurphyBrown.com. Please let us know if you'd like any further information. Thank You and best wishes for a good experience in your home search.
Web Reference:  http://MurphyBrown.com
Gary McNinch, Agent, Kent, WA
Mon Jan 28, 2008
Hi Mae,

There are several ways to get the info. Easiest is for a Realtor to dig into the county tax records and archived listings on the NWMLS. There is quite a bit of info available, but takes some time and effort. As a member of the NWMLS we have access to info that is easy for the public to find. There may be several reasons this property has been sold and resold. It could be a simple as an owner selling to gain the great appreciation we have had in the South county area.

If you are both interested in this property(experience tells me both halves of the couple need to be on the same page), call me and I will be glad to meet with you and do the research. You can get my info the website below. Thanks, Gary
Anni Zilz, Agent, Mercer Island, WA
Mon Jan 28, 2008
I would love to give you this info, but this is really out of my area, let's wait and see if someone else closer to Des Moines can give you the answer. If not I will follow up. All the best, Anni Zilz
SM, , Lakeland, FL
Mon Jan 28, 2008
It is usually possible to get this information from the property appraiser's web site in your county. Good luck to you!