Question removed

Asked by Eric, 33928 Sat Dec 13, 2008

This question was removed by its author.


Tom Teece, , Lehigh Acres, FL
Mon Dec 15, 2008
Hi Eric, You should know that you have options even if you can't afford an attorney. Predatory lending is a crime. But not every mortgage from a particular lender is suspect. A lot depends on the individuals involved on both sides of the transaction. If you suspect that you have been a victim of mortgage fraud or are aware of a possible scam, you can report it by calling the federal government's Mortgage Fraud Hotline 1-800-4FRAUD8 (1-800-437-2838). You can also contact your state's attorney general office for assistance.

Best regards, Tom
0 votes
Eric, Renter, 33928
Sun Dec 14, 2008
Thank you very much for everyone's help. My wife and I are going to talk to one of the wonderful attorney referrals you gave us. Thank you once again. We feel much better after discovering Trulia and knowing we now have somewhere to go for advice. Your time is very much appreciated.

Eric Stevens
0 votes
Cathryn Blai…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sun Dec 14, 2008
You would be interested to know that Countrywide is being bought out by Bank Of America, neither of which are interested in cutting people a break and modifying your loan. There have been people across the united states who have tried to modify with Countrywide, and CW has told them they would help them out. They instructed the people to fill out forms and submit them, but they never call back and these people are forced into foreclosure. You might want to talk to a real estate attorney to see what your next step would be. An Excellent attorney is Tammy Saltzman. Her number is 561-417-4300.

You can also visit and enter your address to see if they have filed anything against you.
Rest assured, the court system in Lee county is so jammed up, even if they sent you foreclosure papers today, you will still have plenty of time to figure out what you need to do so don't panic. Call her today. She will let you know what your options are from this point on.

Cathryn Blair-Bennett
First Capital Lending
239-277-9244 Ext. 212
0 votes
Nancy Doyle, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sun Dec 14, 2008
Hello Eric, I agree with contacting an attorney to help you with this. Sylvia Heldreth is a real estate attorney her number is 239- 542-8899.
I wish you the best of luck!
Nancy Doyle
Web Reference:
0 votes
Jim Fischer, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sun Dec 14, 2008
Eric - I have a friend that operates a local Countrywide branch in Cape Coral. His name is Matthew Wieder. He is extremely knowledgeable and might be of some assistant to you. He may be able to answer some of your questions. If he does not know, he will usually go the extra distance to find out. Speaking with him might be better or more informative than the response you have gotten. No guarantee but it is worth a try. His direct number is 239 242 1443 Good Luck
0 votes
Jay LaGace, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sat Dec 13, 2008
I would think about contacting an attorney for advice.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more