Question removed

Asked by sara, 08816 Tue Jan 8, 2008

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

7
Marc Paolella, Agent, Succasunna, NJ
Tue Jan 8, 2008
Hi Sheela,

Yes it will absolutely help. The cheaper money is, the more the rent/buy equation favors buying over renting.

-Marc
Web Reference:  http://www.marcpaolella.com
John Sacktig, Agent, New Jersey, NJ
Tue Jan 8, 2008
Christopher, not to disagree... I am speaking market specific.

Here in the 08816 zip code (30 miles outside of NYC) we have not had the "bad" problems that California, Ohio, Florida real estatea markets have. So, here where the market has slowed, not died, the interest rate drop is helping motivate buyers that have been slow due the media speaking of just that.. the Ohio, Florida, Georgia, California markets..
John Sacktig, Agent, New Jersey, NJ
Tue Jan 8, 2008
It will help. The market although slower then usual is not all that bad. In East Brunswick, the homes are moving slower, yes, but I think this is fueled by the media and everyone is waiting to see what happens..
Smart buyers are getting bargains right now. Others will ebcome the "I Shoulda" crowd.
weanona hugie, Agent, Edison, NJ
Tue Jan 8, 2008
Sheela...Happy New Year! Yes, It definitely helps to have interest rates lowered. It creates purchasers enthusiasm to see if they can obtain themselves. If so they will be inclined to purchase a home if previous thoughts were there to do so. Ultimately this helps to $ell those " many" homes currently on the market. Have a great day....0:)
Cheng, , 08817
Tue Jun 24, 2008
Apparently, it helped a lot. NJ home sales increased 4% !!!
John Sacktig, Agent, New Jersey, NJ
Tue Jan 8, 2008
Dr Cheng - I agree with you regarding realtors and marketing plans. I also agree that there are "lazy" realtors out there. There are those that take a listing, put it on the MLS and have no idea what to do next. Yes. it is unfortunate.

But, you have a choice; you have the right to interview as many agents as necessary. You can ask what are you going to do to sell my home, you can ask to see a marketing plan in writing and ultimately it is your call.

It sounds to me like you had a bad experience with a "lazy" realtor. Well, invite me in, let me show you what "I" do versus the rest. It is not about me, it is about what I can do to get your home sold. Well, I am also a pretty nice guy too... so it make the transaction better for you in the long run.

To say the realtors are the reason for the slow market, well, that is just wrong. There are some realtors here in my town that will tell you they will get your the stars and the moon for your home to get your listing, maybe you want the stars and the moon for something that is not worth it and the realtor took the listing anyway and asked for reductions. I don't know, but if you interviewed three people and two said your home was worth 450 and the third said they can get you 600.. Well, it seems fishy to me.

Call / Email me and we can discuss what I do.. I am confident that you will ask me to list and sell your home.

John Sacktig
Broker/Sales Associate
Orange Key Realty
Direct: 732-213-1409

JSacktig@orangekeyrealty.com

Orange Key Realty - " The Fastest Growing Real Estate Company in Middlesex County"
Dr Cheng, , Centrual New Jersey
Tue Jan 8, 2008
Yes, the mortgate collapsed recently as you can see http://bankrate.com/brm/graphs/graph_trend.asp?tf=180&ct… and that will make hundreds of thousands first time buyers go out to buy instead of renting when rental hike. That implies many condo/townhouse owners would be able to sell their home and move up to buy bigger home and bigger home will move too.

Besides, there are thousands of condos sold in Manhattan during December time http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/12/19/business/condo.php , many New Yorker sold their million condo are coming to buy bigger home in New Jersey, especially area with easy access to NYC train such at Edison, Metuchen, Piscataway, South Plainfield, ...etc.

Some towns selling slow like East Brunswick or West Windsors was because their listing agents did not hold open house, and even if they did, they did not get out 1,000 invitation flyers to "prospective buyer communities", instead, just put a sign out.

For example, Judy was not able to sell her Warren House till get Jose 732 979-9100 to distribute out 1,000 invitation flyers to the prospective buyer community, Starpoint Piscataway (sold out), and now her house SOLD! as you can see http://newjersey.craigslist.org/rfs/505291932.html

Soon, she would have another listing of the nice home in Warren, and she would even get US Postcards out to Starpoint Piscataway to invite prospective buyers to open house. In her cards or flyes, she may also include the recent mortgage collapsed info, and you would see the mortgage rate does impact the moving buyers, and of course first time buyers.

So, are you "smart realtors"? or "Lazy ones?" I would not list my home with lazy realtors who did NO useful marketing but trying to "chop the listing price", and to certain extend, these lazy realtors are the key factors who make the real estate price down ... How do you think?