our home went to the sherriffs sale on may 19, 2008. it did not sell during the short sale. my questionis,

Asked by Karen, 955 Sand Lake Drive Zeeland, Mi 49464 Sat Nov 1, 2008

the 6 month period is passed. how much time befrore we get eviced and how soon after that do we have to be out? thanks

Answers

3
Ryan K Kruit…, Agent, Holland, MI
Sat Feb 21, 2015
You have 6 months after the sheriff sale to make good on the loan or sell to a buyer. Ryan K
Jeff Poleet, , Little Rock, AR
Wed Nov 5, 2008
First, I am sorry to hear about you losing your home.

It will depend on different circumstances, but you can bet that it won't be long before you are evicted. Typically, you will be notified of the eviction via certified mail/process server, and will have a hearing to object to the eviction for legal reasons. Typically, an eviction date is set and you have to be out on or before that day or the sherriff will come and remove you from the property.

The eviction process starts when someone files for it at the courthouse. It could start today or tomorrow, but you should receive notice once it started.

I hope things start to get better for you and your family.
Web Reference:  http://jeffpoleet.com
Shelley, Home Seller, Waterford, MI
Wed Nov 5, 2008
Karen, I am so glad to find someone in my same situation. We are already moved out of our house and so thats the easy party of this terrible nightmare! Our redemption period is up tomorrow, and we have an offer but couldnt get it to closing fast enough. I am hoping for a miracle! I posted below what I could find for you.

End of Redemption Period: If the homeowner has not redeemed the property, ownership is transferred to lender or bidder. If the homeowner has not left, the new owner starts eviction proceedings. An eviction hearing is held within two weeks, followed by a 10-day grace period for the former homeowner to vacate the premises. When the grace period ends, eviction is certified. Court bailiffs are notified and empty the premises.

Take care,
Shelley