looking at foreclosure on amherst for 16,333.00 who do i contact

Asked by Alice Ruiz, East Hanover, NJ Sun Sep 26, 2010

Answers

4
Robert Suarez’s answer
Robert Suarez, Agent, Toms River, NJ
Mon Sep 27, 2010
Hi Alice,
as the other agents have said that price is not for the purchase price of the home.What happens with the foreclosure sites is that they post the payoffs or judgments against a property . This however does not tell the whole picture. As William has said the amount you mentioned is close to the third mortgage. Foreclosure sites post the info on a house without noting the position of that particular lien.The info posted is accurate, but incomplete.However now that you know the home is in a foreclosure situation. You could contact a agent in the area to help you get a complete picture of the situation.
Remember all that information on the real estate web is a great thing. Over 90% of people searching for homes start on the web. But it is much more effective use of the information gathered when you have a professional Realtor help you decipher the information . The statistics seem to support this as a majority of people still use Realtor professionals to complete their real estate transactions
Web Reference:  http://robertsuarez.net
Laura Gianno…, Agent, Manahawkin, NJ
Mon Sep 27, 2010
William is right! You'll not get a home outright for $16,000 anywhere in Ocean County...if you're look to buy a foreclosure, get an agent down here to work on it for you. Don't waste your time or money on foreclosure websites.

Laura Giannotta
Keller Williams Realty - Atlantic Shore
William Troy, Agent, Toms River, NJ
Sun Sep 26, 2010
Hi Alice, as someone who specializes in foreclosures I can tell you that I am 99.99% positive this home is not going for 16k. There is a home on amherst with three mortgages that is in pre-foreclosure status. The amount you are referring to is very close to the amount of the third mortgage. If you are getting the information on a website, I would really recommend that you stay away from some websites. I am not going to give the names of these websites on a blog, but some don't provide you with the most accurate information and can be very misleading. I wish you the best of luck and feel free to contact me with any questions about this or any other properties.

William F. Troy
REO/HUD Director
Realtor Associate SRES, e-PRO, CDPE, Luxury Home Team
Veltri & Associates Realtors
1012 Cox Cro Rd.
Toms River, NJ 08755
Direct Dial (732)557-4600
Cell- (732)600-1570
Home- (732)961-0079
Fax- (732)557-6425
Home Fax- (732)961-0089
wtroy@veltrirealtors.com
http://www.veltrirealtors.com
"When only the very best will do!"
Ian A. Wolf, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Sun Sep 26, 2010
There are three homes on that street in Bayville in foreclosure. Do you have any other information? Also keep in mind that $16,333 may not be a price to purchase, but the amount of a lien that the lien holder is foreclosing to recover the debt. From the amount it sounds like either a small second,back owed association dues, or a tax lien. There could still be mortgages that will need to be paid off as well for clear title. I can find that information out for you pretty easily as well as additional information, just email me and I'd be happy to help you find the information you are looking for.