is it possible to get the conventional loan for foreclosure house with mold in the basement:?

Asked by Mosia, 08034 Sat Nov 6, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Rain Silverhawk’s answer
Rain Silverh…, Agent, Sandpoint, ID
Tue Nov 9, 2010
Hi, You want to talk to the lender about this. Banks typically will not loan on a home that has mold issues. They may however allow for mold remidiation and certification that the home is mold free before funding and the close of escrow. Another option is to ask about the HUD 203k program. You can find information on this HUD site.
Good luck,
0 votes
April Bates, , Valparaiso, IN
Tue Nov 9, 2010
The best way to find out would be to speak with your lender.
0 votes
Webb Alo, Landlord, Mount Vernon, NY
Sat Nov 6, 2010
Yes. Apply through the 203k program
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Foreclosure in Hobart Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more