Foreclosure in Scappoose>Question Details

Mrsgirljoe, Home Buyer in Scappoose, OR

interested in a property that no one has occupied foe a year or more 52167 se 8th st scappoose do i find more info?

Asked by Mrsgirljoe, Scappoose, OR Mon Oct 31, 2011

Are you certain that's the right address? I asked because I just searched the tax rolls to see who was listed as the current owner, but found no tax record for that address.

My guess was that I was going to find a bank or other lender as the current owner. Were that true, then I would say it's been foreclosed but for whatever reason (and there are many good ones) the lender had not yet put it on the market (yes, it regularly happens that foreclosed homes are not on the market for more than a year).

Another possibility is that the owner moved out but the foreclosure process is not yet complete (yes, it is not at all unusual that the foreclosure process would take a year or more).

Please double check the address and send me an email if it's different than what you posted.
My initial thought is this home is a property in distress. The bank may be in the process of foreclosure or may have already foreclosed. I'd be happy to double check for you if you would like to contact me directly I will email you the results of my research.

Thank you.

Lea Chitwood
ReMax PowerPros
Scappoose, Oregon