i was 30 days late on my mortgage payment, but made the payment on the 30th day will it still get reported

Asked by Dan, New Jersey Sun Aug 31, 2008

Answers

3
Audeliz Angie…, Agent, Westfield, NJ
Sat Aug 15, 2009
Dan,

Based on your question, I am assuming you are asking if one late payment will appear on your credit report. Normally, I would say yes, but given the market, my answer would be: it depends on your mortgage company.

It costs money to report late fees on accounts. After two consecutive late payments, you should see it reflected on your credit report.

Ex: Mortgage payment due: august first and you make payment on September 16, you should see that reflected on your credit report.

I hope that helps!

Audeliz Angie Perez
Http://www.forsalebyangieperez.com
nicaury mill…, Agent, UNION, NJ
Sun Jul 26, 2009
The bank will report you late on the first of the month-check your report next month.
Gina Chirico, Agent, Fairfield, NJ
Mon Sep 1, 2008
Dan,

That may be a hard call to make. If you made your payment on the 30th day then most likely it will not be reported. If your mortgage was due 8/1 and you made it before the next due date of 9/1 most likely it will not be reported as 30 days late but obviously you will owe a late fee to the mortgage company. Also depending on how you made the payment, the day you made the payment and the date the actual bank posted it may have caused you to run 30 days late. At some point in late October/November pull your credit report and if its marked 30 days late under your mortgage, you can try to dispute it.

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Prudential NJ Properties
973-239-7700 ext 132 office
973-715-1158 cell
GinaChirico@PruNewJersey.com