i just recieved papers that my landlord lost his house that i live in what can i do?is there such a cash for keys so they will help me relocate.?

Asked by Lysandra Callahan, Fort Wayne, IN Wed Dec 16, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Bob Movin-On’s answer
Bob Movin-On, , Hartford, CT
Fri Dec 18, 2009
You are at the mercy of whomever took title to the property after the foreclosure, this information can be obtained at the city/town hall in which the property is located. From that information you can contact the current title holder and ask them what their intentions are. Cash for keys is something some lenders offer to foreclosees so they will not destroy the house when they leave, many people that have lost their homes to foreclosure get angry at the lender and destroy the house as they vacate and this is a way for the lender to avoid that. If the lender took title they may want to keep you in the home instead of leaving it vacant so call them. Good Luck Bob
0 votes
Gordon Cuffe, Agent, rocklin, CA
Thu Dec 17, 2009
yes there is a cash for keys program for tenants also. stay as long as posible and get as much as posible
0 votes
Jason Roshek, Agent, Woodland Park, CO
Wed Dec 16, 2009
Contact your County Public Trustee's Office, if you are in a State where there are no Public Trustee's Office then go your Local Sheriff. Notify them immediately. This will not stop the foreclosure. It will give you some time. Also Check with your Local Government offices. There are programs that are working on this issue. The BIGGEST and MOST IMPORTANT thing is to stop paying the landlord. Ask for the mortgage statement and talk to them and maybe pay them.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more