how much are the fees for lawyers on foreclosure's cases on NJ?

Asked by Sacha, Mays Landing, NJ Mon Mar 23, 2009

i will see a lawyer tomorrow because i haven't paid my mortgage since Last October and a company with the name of HOPE NOW MODIFICATION, from Cherry Hill,NJ was supposedly negotiate my case (never did) and my lender send me foreclosure papers, so i need a lawyer to fix this situation, plus i gave one mortgage payment to HOPE NOW MODIFICATION of $2,100.00 and now they don answered my phone calls, How much a lawyer should charge per hour? i know each case is different but i need to have an idea, i have been ripped off once, i can't afforded one more time, please some advise.......thanks!!!!

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Blue’s answer
Blue, , Palmyra, NJ
Thu Feb 4, 2010
I just had dealings with a NJ lawyer. Whatever you do, bring a tape recorder with you and conceal it on your person. Only one person has to know a conversation is being taped in New Jersey. The lawyer I hired LIED, LIED, LIED. You can't believe what bull**t lawyers in New Jersey get away with. $200/hr is what they charge in NJ, and they have no problems billing you thousands for "research."
0 votes
Matthew & Ri…, Agent, Northfield, NJ
Tue Mar 24, 2009
Dear Sacha,

We work with an attorney that will charge a $1,000 retainer fee to help you with a short sale if that is what you are trying to accomplish. They handle the negotiations with the bank and will refund your money at closing and will charge the bank for their services. Hourly most attorneys charge $150 to $350. Please contact me and I will get you in touch with the attorney.

Best wishes,

Web Reference:
0 votes
Laura Gianno…, Agent, Manahawkin, NJ
Tue Mar 24, 2009
Perhaps an attorney get get things straightened out with the bank. It's unclear whether you're trying to keep your home or are willing to go to foreclosure. If you'd like to try to get your home sold in what's called a "short sale" I can help. Please contact me.

Laura Giannotta
Keller Williams Atlantic Shore
0 votes
Keith Manson-…, , Milwaukee, WI
Tue Mar 24, 2009
I would check out a couple things befoe I contact a attorney. First contact the bank and see what you can do your self. If you are unable to workout anything check out neighbor works that can be contacted at 888-995-home this is a free service. Another place to look is to see what the stimulous plan can do for you. If none of these work check with an attorney but that is going to cost $150+ $350 an hour. You need to make sure that your attorney is famiular with this process. There are also more stable work out companies that have been in business more than a year and if you decide to use one ot these make sure you understand the past performance and their cost for what they do. Start the process right away because the less time where payments have not been made the easier it is to work with lender. I try to help people like you in wisconsin and their might be someone like me in New Jersey.

Wish you luck!
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Foreclosure in Mays Landing Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more