how do i find out about the empty house next door to me, it is empty and i want to know what bank owns it.?

Asked by angela32wells, Middletown, OH Thu May 10, 2012

Answers

3
Duane Johnst…, Agent, Uniontown, OH
Thu May 10, 2012
It's pretty easy in Ohio to find out if and what bank owns the home, it's part of the public record here. If the bank has not foreclosed on the home, the home will still have the owners name, otherwise it will be under the banks name. Now not always easy to make contact with them as the one posting here said, it's a maze within their system. But the home will be listed with a realtor about 6 months or longer after the bank takes over.
If the issue is the grass needs to be cut or something like that, contact the city, they will mow it and bill whom ever the owner is at that time.
James Gordon…, Agent, Hamilton, OH
Thu May 10, 2012
Angela give me a call or drop me an email and I can find out for you.
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Thu May 10, 2012
Maybe a bank does not own it, maybe it does. Checking county records will be the most likely way to check. If it is bank owned they will get around to putting it on the market for sale in time as they do research on its value. You trying to find out what bank owns it and who to speak to at that bank will likely be a futile mess. Banks are huge mazes of bureaucracy that can go from state to state so finding anyone to speak to that knows what is going on will not be fun nor easy. Your best bet is to watch for activity at the house as the soon to be listing agent visits, takes pictures, changes the lock and does any work on the house prior to listing it.