how do i find foreclosure to cleanout ,repair an maintain?

Asked by Anthony, Dallas, TX Wed Feb 18, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Keith Manson-…, , Milwaukee, WI
Wed Feb 18, 2009
Find out who the REO brokers are for the area and contact them. Check the differnt reo agent sights and see who identifies them self as reo brokers. As real estate professionals who are the agents that get the listings from banks, they will know. If there an active realtor they will know who is doing what.
1 vote
Sharon Trena…, Agent, Fort Walton Beach, FL
Wed Feb 18, 2009
Best thing to do is contact real estate professional ....determine if they ARE professional by looking at their professional designations they have earned. Look for designations such as: GRI (Graduate Realtor Institute); LTG (Women's Council, Leadership Training Graduate); CBR (Certified Buyer Representative); CRS (Certified Residential Specialst); etc.....if the realtor has not devoted time to additional training in their profession then they may not have the experience to handle such a difficult market as we all find ourselves in today. These designations are equilivant to earning a doctorate in any other business.

You may also want to ask if they have experience in renovation....realtors who are also "investors" (NOT SPECULATORS) may also be able to assist you with design ideas when you go to "repair". Older homes take far more money to "repair" because of unknown factors behind old walls....old electrical that needs updating, plumbing that is too tired to go forward...roofs that may be sagging, etc....I wish I were in Dallas and I would ove to assit you in the "search" I can be most rewarding but can be (1) time consuming and (2) $$ draining. Watch the movie "THE MONEY PIT"...a funny satire (?) on what you might get when buying an older home. As an experienced professional best have a reall good sence of humor! It is not for everyone!

Sharon Trenary, Broker-Associate
GRI, LTG, CBR, e-Pro
BS Industrial Technology (School of Engineering)
Owner: On the Bay Properties, a residential renovation company
1 vote
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more