how do I buy an abandoned house?

Asked by Tammie, Kissimmee, FL Tue Jul 9, 2013

The house across the street from me has been abandoned for almost 7 months. I have a friend that wants to buy it with cash asap but NO ONE has come by to put it up for sale. Its on the listing on the computer as a short sale but when I call they say its not for sale??? Listed as a preforclosure, we want to buy it and cant???

Answers

7
Antonio Vega…, Agent, Saint Cloud, FL
Tue Jul 9, 2013
Sounds like they already have a contract as a short-sale. Probably an investor who had negotiated the offer before it was even listed. Ask your local Realtor to place a listing alert on the property, so if the status change and it becomes active (available) once again you will be immediately notified. If you don't have a local agent, I can set it up for you. Just drop me a note at AVegaPacheco@aol.com
Was this answer helpful? If so please click on the "green thumbs up" or the "best answer".

Tony Vega
Antonelli Realty

http://www.SearchKissimmeeHomes.com
Carrie Court…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Tue Jul 9, 2013
More than likely it's in the foreclosure process which can take many, many months. If you would like to email me the address, I would be happy to look into it for you!

CarrieCLPM@gmail.com
Valentina Og…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Thu Jul 11, 2013
Hi Tammie,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to Trulia.

I would recommend to contact a local realtor to check it out for you and set-up an alert on your behalf. Also, if you want to be proactive, you can try contacting the current owners by searching on this website: http://ira.property-appraiser.org/PropertySearch/

Properties that are going through the foreclosure process can take a long time to come available for sale and in some instances are sold in bulks of properties to large investment firms.

TIP: Something to keep in mind is that when properties are empty for a long period of time, the chances of deterioration, mold, etc... increase.

Stay on top of it and be patient. ;)

Wish you much success!

Valentina Ogden
Coldwell Banker Residential RE
http://www.valentinarealestate.com
Milton Ocasio, Agent, Orlando, FL
Tue Jul 9, 2013
Once the Bank foreclosure on it thru the court house, Than the bank will list it as an Real Estate Bankowned property on the market, meantime, legally, it still belongs to the actual owner(s), because their names still apprears on title.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Tue Jul 9, 2013
Does anybody want to argue about the existance of the Shadow Inventory?
Kelvis Melo, Agent, Kissimmee, FL
Tue Jul 9, 2013
The listing you are looking at on the computer could be an old listing. There are many reasons why the property could be abandoned. The most likely is the owner walked away from it and it is in the foreclosure process. This matter would have to be further looked into through public records. An address would be required for this.

Kelvis Melo

Prudential Results Realty

407-715-0437
E-Mail: kmelo3@cfl.rr.com
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Tue Jul 9, 2013
Try to find out who the lien holder is, it's usually public record.

Chris