how can i find out when the house im renting is going to be forcloused, and should i still be paying rent???

Asked by Brianne, Henderson, NV Tue Feb 3, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Linda Bagley, Agent, Seattle, WA
Mon Feb 9, 2009

Go to the county and check county records. There is a big scam going right now, with home owners in default. They put up a rental sign or post an ad, ask for first, last and a deposit, you pay rent for two to threem months, then get a notice of default on your door.

Good to check county records now before renting.
0 votes
Rob Anderson, Both Buyer And Seller, Henderson, NV
Mon Feb 9, 2009
Phil - once again you proved your ignorance like you did in suggesting that a seller who did not state they were in a financial bind do a short sale. The tax data is not current!!!

If you go to the clark county recorders office and click on search records, then simple search, and put in your landlords name, you will get detailed info about the property including the parsel number which Phil failed to tell you you need to use to check the assessors page which will tell you when the taxes where last paid.

The recorders info is really current and can show you what stage of foreclosure you are in.
0 votes
Phil DeSimone, Agent, Hemet, CA
Fri Feb 6, 2009
The best way is to check if the taxes are paid by going to good luck
0 votes
John Brassner, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Tue Feb 3, 2009
Brianne check the link I gave you in addition to I just tried for a home that I know is in foreclosure and it did not return any results.


0 votes
Mark Karten, , Las Vegas, NV
Tue Feb 3, 2009
Hi Brianne,

It's very stressful to be uncertain about the home that you're living in. I think the following link is the easiest way to check if the home you rent is in default (no matter what state you live in):

I wish you the best of luck and hope your home is not on the list.

Mark Karten
Realty Executives of Nevada
The Karten Group
0 votes
Joseph Rugge…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Tue Feb 3, 2009
Hello Brianne,

The best way is to check if a Notice of Default or Trustee's Sale has been filed in the Clark County Recorder's office. I have attached a link for you to search the recorded documents for the home you are renting! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have more questions!!

Joseph Ruggeroli
0 votes
John Brassner, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Tue Feb 3, 2009

Here in the great county of Clark, Nevada you can search for these records online. Click here:…
Type in the first and last name of the home's owner (or the company name if not an individual). Then you can see all the "dirt" on the owner. If you see the words "Breach" or "Default" in any documents relating to the address you live in, you might want to start looking for a new place. Of course, you can and should ask the owner point-blank, is the home being foreclosed upon?

As far as still paying rent, ask a lawyer. I'm of the opinion, that the foreclosure and paying of the rent are two separate issues (if you are deriving a benefit of living there, you should pay, yes?). What you should have a concern about is will the landlord be solvent enough after foreclosure to refund any deposits that are owed you.

Good luck,

0 votes
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Tue Feb 3, 2009
Contact property owner determine status or county office if all legal proceedings transfer title into banks name. Lenders make all attempts contact residence on a property you should receive notice or posting front door. If home not foreclosure you are most likely obligated executed lease agreement between you and property owner could be sued if you dont continue payments. Try resolve issues .
Web Reference:
0 votes
Suzanne Whea…, , Locust, NC
Tue Feb 3, 2009
I would contact the clerk the courts, it should be listed in the paper, if it is in foreclosure.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more