how can i find out the address of listed forclosed property, so i can view it from birdseye view? I do not want to get involved with a realtor

Asked by Helen, Ramona, CA Sun Feb 27, 2011

before i sift thru available prpty on my own. the pics shown are of no help to me. i know the ramona/country estate areas well enough, i want to look at the overhead location of properties. thank you.

Answers

12
Hanna Fox, Agent, San Diego, CA
Sun Feb 27, 2011
Hello Helen, there is a way to see the property from Birdseye view by going to Realtor .com and find the property by address. I just wanted to note that Realtors do not bite (last time i checked) and if you are serious of finding a good deal - a realtor could help you big times. all the best to you:)
Web Reference:  http://www.HannasRealty.com
fredeckert, Agent, San Diego, CA
Sun Feb 27, 2011
Helen,
I am not a Realtor, though I work for Chicago Title. My suggestion is to find a Realtor you feel comfortable with, and let them know what you are looking for. The Multiple Listing Service that they have access to, allows them to send you lists of foreclosures/notice of trustee sales and/or REOs by zipcode and other paramaters (not just the listed ones either). Once you have the address, you can look at the location with http://www.earth.google.com , for example. I feel that most Realtors are very professional and really want to help you find what you are looking for.
James Gordon…, Agent, Hamilton, OH
Sun Feb 27, 2011
Helen if you are looking at properties that are advertised as forclosed on Trulia and they are advertised by realty trac they are not properties available for sale. Forclosure is a long process and there are many steps to it. Just because a property is in forclosure does not mean the owner will lose it. Also until the forclosure action is over and the property is no longer a forclosure but a REO property the lender can not sell it as they do not own it. You should be able to find REO properties at Realtor.com® or a local portal that would connect to your local broker to broker exchange (MLS).
As for birdseye view there are neighborhoods in my area that are 5 years old and all you see are pictures of fields sp be prepared for the photos to not be recent.
Tonya Hardes…, , Ramona, CA
Sun Feb 27, 2011
Hi. I'm a Ramona Realtor living in Ramona. I know sometimes Realtors get the reputation of being like rabid dogs after a particularly meaty rib bone... It's true that a Realtor is going to be your best bet to get the information you seek without going bald.

I'd be happy to help you out. You can even call my cell with *67 so your number will pop up as private on my phone. I'll scour the MLS for you and get you the info you need and promise I won't call you (since I wouldn't have your number anyway). Once you have the address, just type it into google maps and click satellite and you'll see the birds eye view. Fair warning, a lot of the satellite images are pretty old. The view of my own house on 11th is at least a year old, judging my some landscaping we've done.

If you want a no pressure info session, call my cell by typing in these series of numbers *6719494001114.
Marcell Zamo…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Sun Feb 27, 2011
Even though there is a ton of free information on the Internet this is a category that you often need to pay for as Joan mentioned. Foreclosurersadar.com and realtytrac.com are two big services you can subscribe to for that info and get free trials. I have access to Foreclosure Radar if you would like a list of bank owned properties sent to you with no obligations? Email me the zip code/area, square footage, beds and baths you're interested in and I'll send you a list. You can then use Google Maps to look at the aerial views.

Marcell Zamora
marcell@sdupsidedown.com
Cheryl Hotch…, , Ramona, CA
Sun Feb 27, 2011
You may be able to match the pictures with the available listings on the MLS. If you have the price and some other attributes about the property, you can search for it on the MLS at my website, absolutely no obligation. http://www.hotcahomes.com, select Property Search. This links directly to the San Diego County Multiple Listing Service. If the address is published, it will show of the listings, most are.

Web Reference:  http://www.hotcahomes.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Feb 27, 2011
An agent will be your best source of information, do keep in mind that you can still sift properties on your own, but your agent can provide much needed and necessary information, schedule showings, keep you updated as new properties arise on the market, etc....
Steven Ornel…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Sun Feb 27, 2011
Hi Helen:

I understand you may need better information than you can obtain via Trulia, which is not a true Realtor® MLS. See: "MLS Data Accuracy – Where to search if you’re “without Realtor®” http://www.trulia.com/blog/steve_ornellas_mba_re_mastersgri/…

Quite frankly, the best way to get what you want is to have a local Agent set up an automated MLS Search Agent that emails you properties meeting your specific search criteria (so you can spend your time doing the things you really like).

Best, Steve
allan erps,A…, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Sun Feb 27, 2011
This is a strange format. You ask for advice from a Realtor, but do not wish to talk to one. Hmmm, sounds as if you are a go getter and can do it all yourself. Best of Luck
Sdbound, Home Buyer, San Diego, CA
Sun Feb 27, 2011
The best way to get a current list is from a Realtor. The banks are not working directly with private buyers anymore. You're going to have to deal with an agent sooner or later. Bankis list all their REO inventory with agents when they're ready to sell them. Why not have one help you? It costs you nothing. Not to mention that the agent representing the bank as a seller is looking out for the bank, not you.

Or you can pay Realtytrac.com for a list that is outdated.

You can also try searching on real estate websites like realtor.com and redfin.com to request only bank owned properties.

Good luck on what ever you decide. I'm not an agent in Ramona, but think its silly that you don't want professional advice for free.
Joan Wilson, Agent, San Diego, CA
Sun Feb 27, 2011
You would need to talk with a Realtor or join a service like Foreclosure Radar. If you want to see one property, they offer a week or 2 free. That might be the way to go. I personally like Realtors!

Let me know if I can help you in any way!

Joan Wilson (Realtor, SRES, Ecobroker, Certified REO and Short Sale/HAFA Specialist)

California Cool 4 Sale
Prudential California Realty
Direct Phone: 760-757-3468
Fax: 760-946-7894
JoanWilson@prusd.com
License # 01341483

Find your Dream Home:
http://JoanWilson.PrudentialCal.com
Web Reference:  http://JoanWilsonRealtor.com
Rene Gonzalez, , San Diego County, CA
Sun Feb 27, 2011
Helen,
There are Public records or talk to you Real Estate Agent. REALTOR.

Rene Gonzalez
Prudential California Realty
940 Eastlake Pkwy
Chula Vista, CA 91914
Office: (619) 778-5397
Fax: (858)435-7677
E-mail: rgonzalez@prusd.com
Lic #01271386