how can i find out if the house i am interested in renting is in forclosure?

Asked by Jasper, 93021 Wed May 11, 2011

Answers

12
Sabrina Simpson’s answer
Sabrina Simp…, Agent, Moorpark, CA
Sat Jun 4, 2011
Hi Jasper!
This is one of the most important reasons to use a realtor. Realtors have access to databases and information on whether or not a home is in default. It is also important to make sure that the person is the true owner of the home and has the authority to enter into a rental/lease agreement. If you are negotiating on a home that is not listed with a realtor and would like me to check the information for you, just drop me an email. This is also a great opportunity for first time buyers to purchase a home. Have you checked into this option?
Jennifer Wes…, Agent, THOUSAND OAKS, CA
Thu Nov 14, 2013
Hi Jasper,

Is there anything else I can answer for you?

Jennifer
Jennifer Wes…, Agent, THOUSAND OAKS, CA
Tue Nov 12, 2013

If you would like to contact me directly I can provide you with detailed information as I have access to a site that provides me information on that.

Jennifer
Brenda Haugen, Agent, Agoura Hills, CA
Thu Nov 7, 2013
Please contact me and I will find out the answer for you. Thanks.
Jennifer Wes…, Agent, THOUSAND OAKS, CA
Thu Nov 7, 2013
Ask a Realtor for a property profile from Title.
Tina Hare, Agent, Simi Valley, CA
Mon Jan 14, 2013
Our title company has access to this information. Just give me a call (805) 990-7580
Sabrina Simp…, Agent, Moorpark, CA
Wed Jan 9, 2013
Feel free to email me at ssimpson@sabrinasimpson.com and I can verify the information.
Brenda Haugen, Agent, Agoura Hills, CA
Wed Jan 9, 2013
Call a Realtor to ask for their help. I can look the information up for you.
David Brown, , Orlando, FL
Wed May 18, 2011
The above post are more of a direct answer to your question, and I have included information on the process below.

http://orlandohomesites.com/2011/05/do-your-research-before-…
Barry Shapiro, Agent, Camarillo, CA
Sun May 15, 2011
Jasper ~
There are 170 homes in Moorpark which have a NOD (notice of default) filed, and are in some stage of foreclosure. This number does not include the mortgages which are delinquent, but which do not yet have an NOD filed or the lender has removed/postponed the NOD while negotiating a loan mod or short sale. What is probably equally important to you, as a potential future tenant, is what the equity position is for your landlord. Do they own the property free and clear? Do they have 50% equity? Are they upside down, and may, therefore be a more likely candidate for a future foreclosure scenario? Ted and I can assist you with this information. Be certain you get a signed lease whereever you rent, since you have tenant rights in the event the property does foreclose in the future
Ted Mackel, Agent, Simi Valley, CA
Thu May 12, 2011
Please send me a message through my Trulia Profile or you can get my number off my Blog. I can look it up, it takes less than a minute. I can also tell you auction date if set, the bank's bid price and some other details.
Web Reference:  http://www.homebuysblog.com
Laura Feghali, Agent, Stamford, CT
Thu May 12, 2011
Hello Jasper,
You can contact the local tax assessor as they will have it on file. Here is a link to the Ventura County Assessor's web site where you might find some helpful information:

http://assessor.countyofventura.org/research/propertyinfo.asp

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty