house being forclosed

Asked by Vero, 28215 Tue Jul 10, 2012

I recieved a letter on my door of a relocation assistance program i called left message they called me back i missed the call. Now i'm worried

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Bill Ahls, Agent, Cornelius, NC
Tue Jul 10, 2012

It is very important that you retain the next set of papers left on the door and see if they notate both a foreclosure sale date AND a hearing date. If you are going to attempt a short sale then it's imperative that you attend the hearing date if you've not sold by then. Very few homeowners attend the hearing BUT if you do and let the judge know that you're actively marketing your home then they will almost always postpone the foreclosure sale date, regardless of what the bank wants to do. I would love to help you with a short sale as well and avoid a foreclosure. Give me a call if you're ready.

Bill Ahls
1 vote
Daniel Fisher, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Mon Jul 16, 2012
Good evening, Vero:
North Carolina has a great website related to foreclosures The N.C. Foreclosure Prevention Fundâ„¢ helps North Carolina homeowners who are struggling to make their mortgage payments due to job loss or temporary financial hardship. For qualified homeowners, the Fund can provide an interest-free loan of up to $36,000 to pay your mortgage and other related expenses for up to 36 months while you search or retrain for new employment. If you are currently employed but have a second mortgage that is unaffordable because of a prior job loss or reduced income, the Fund offers an interest-free loan of up to $30,000 to pay off your second mortgage. The Fund provides assistance at no cost to you.

Explore this site or call 1-888-623-8631 to learn:
what kind of mortgage help may be available for
you to prevent foreclosure
if you qualify for assistance using our quick and convenient
eligibility tool
how to find a HUD-approved housing counseling agency
in your area to help you apply and how to apply online

The State Home Foreclosure Prevention Project helps North Carolina homeowners who are facing foreclosure for any reason. It offers free housing counseling, access to legal services for people with lower incomes, and help with your mortgage servicer. If you have received a 45-day pre-foreclosure notice from your servicer and/or a foreclosure help letter from the N.C. Housing Finance Agency, call 1-888-442-8188.

here are a couple other good resources:…

If you appreciate an answer, please give "thumbs up". For the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a "best answer" click.
0 votes
Kathleen Tur…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Tue Jul 10, 2012
Depending on who your lender is, they may have a program to help you facilitate a short sale (a short sale is one in which the bank agrees to accept, upon the sale of your house, less money than you owe on your loan). Part of the short sale agreement may be relocation assistance in the form of an amount of cash. Some lenders also offer a "Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure", which essentially means that the lender "takes back" the house without going through the long foreclosure process.

The first thing you need to do is contact you lender immediately and ask what your status is and if they were the ones that dropped off the relocation notice. Ask your lender to help you!

You need to be aware that there are a lot of scammers out there that look for folks who have received Notices of Default (foreclosure's first step) to scam. They will offer assistance on anything from credit repair to buying your home with cash. BE CAREFUL! If an offer sounds too good to be true - it is! Best of luck!

Kathleen Turner, ABR, CRS, ePro
Certified Paralegal
The Kathleen Turner Realty Group
0 votes
dave, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Tue Jul 10, 2012
It sounds like you are in a psoition where the bank is considering or beginning the foreclosure process on your house. You should have received some letters from them in the mail already.

You do have options in lieu of foreclosure. An experienced short sales agent can walk you through soem of the options avaialble to you and see what is best suited for your needs.

I live in the same zip code as you and familair with teh area. if you would like to talk and discuss your options please do not hesitate to give em a call at 704-519-7895 or e-mail me back

Dave diCecco
0 votes
Carmen Hunter…, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Tue Jul 10, 2012
Hi! You should have received paperwork from the lender also regarding this. You'll need to take several steps. 1. Collect all your letters, etc from the lender and this relocation company. 2. call a professional Realtor with experience in distressed property/short sales - meet with them as there are options available. 3. Move quickly....the closer you get to foreclosure the fewer options you will have.

I have experience with short sales and would be willing to talk with you about your situation and possible solutions.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more