getting contracts for landscape cleanup on homes for sale or forclosed?

Asked by Chris, Melbourne, FL Mon Aug 4, 2008

I own a licensed and insured landscape business. How do I go about getting in to that business opportunity? I read that some cities do the maintenance and place a lien againsts the property.


Cassandra Bl…, , Atlanta, GA
Tue Oct 13, 2009
Here are a few ideas:

a) Contact the acquiring institutions of failed banks. Go to the FDIC's website for the list of failed banks in your area and get the contact info for the acquiring banks and seek contracts directly that way. You need to be properly licensed and insured.
b) Contact listing realtors that specialize in foreclosures (scour your local MLS -- multiple listing service -- and find those realtors with tons of super low-priced listings to start -- these are usually foreclosures). Many of them will have their own similar companies, but they will need overflow help in this market. And, once you establish a positive rapport and they use you a few times -- and you do WHAT you say you're going to do, WHEN you say you're going to do it, they will call you again.

c) Contact larger "property preservation" companies... just GOOGLE them... usually these big companies will not be based in your city, but they will handle properties throughout U.S.

Go for it!

Cassandra, Foreclosure Cleanup, LLC
2 votes
Nick Roman, , Brevard County, FL
Mon Aug 4, 2008
If I were you I would ask Trent Realty. Most of their listings are Foreclosures. Some of the banks are going in and some what rehabbing the properties before selling them, lawn care is one of the services they contract out. Also try to look for cleaning crews that work for the banks and ask them. Drive around and look for cleaning crews on recently listed foreclosure homes. Chances are the listing agent got the listing before any cleaning was done, so call the listing agent and see if they know who to call at the banks. Hope this helps.
2 votes
Jeff and Gin…, Agent, Vero Beach, FL
Mon Aug 4, 2008
Indian River County and St Lucie County just south of you, if indeed you are from Melbourne, Florida in Brevard County, are both discussing using this method for maintaining "abandoned" properties in addition to fines. You can contact the both counties by phone or internet. The web pages for both counties are on my website shown below.
2 votes
Michael Cepa…, Agent, Tampa, FL
Mon Aug 4, 2008
On typical bank owned or REO properties, the lising agent many times come out of pocket for trash outs, cleaning, lawn care, changing locks, etc., as this is how many agents and I do it on our REO listings. Your best bet is to market to the Realtors who handle many REO's in your area and see what they will do for you. Also another service you can do, go to your local communities HOA meetings or local HOA management companies and present yourself, and offer to cut the abandoned homes and/or the non maintained homes for a very fair price, maybe $25 a cut. Be available to them within 24 hours notice to complete and you will get some business, maybe lots. Good Luck
1 vote
Trainwithjk, Home Buyer, Melbourne, FL
Wed Jul 5, 2017
I do a lot of REO in Shreveport,LA and surrounding parishes . I'm trying to get with the banks directly. The REO national asset management have started dropping their pay rates . I'm starting to notice the huge change. Any advice on how to get with Bank directly.
0 votes
Carlos "Alex"…, Agent, North ARlington, NJ
Thu Apr 7, 2016
I have a reo property in Prospect park that needs lawn service. If interested give me a call. Thanks! 201-997-4200. Ask for Alex. Thank you!
0 votes
Jigger, , Miami Beach, FL
Fri Jul 16, 2010
need help on getting contracts
0 votes
Yes I need am James mayle owner /operator of teammayle lawncare services but am in Kissimmee fl but I cut all over but we a good hard worker but u can text me or call me @321-225-1302
Flag Tue Oct 30, 2018

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more